XAS 987 is a restored David Brown Tugmaster winch tractor built in 1943 by David Brown in Yorkshire, England. Owned and restored by Mr. Bernard Bell from Boston Lincolnshire. restored to a concourse condition.
- Built in 1943
- Originally worked at a RAF base in WWII pulling aircraft.
- Fitted with a fluid clutch (early torque converter) to reduce shock loading when towing aircraft.
- Found in a barn in 2002
- Restored by current owner in 2005
- Detailed history unknown.
- Owned by Mr. Bernard Bell a tractor collector from Boston Lincolnshire.
This tractor has been exhibited at events including;
- Newark Vintage Tractor and Heritage Show in 2008. (135)
- Add more events this tractor has been exhibited at here
|Photo||Caption / notes|
|At Newark Vintage Tractor and Heritage Show in 2008|
|Add more photos of this tractor here please||add short caption here|
- List of Tractor Manufacturers
- List of Vehicles by registration number
- Shows and Meets
- Clubs Listing
References / sourcesEdit
Photos from 2008 Newark Vintage Tractor and Heritage Show.
- Show guide 2008
- David Brown Tractor Club - official web site