Wallis & Steevens no. 7769 was built in 1923 as a 7 nhp Traction engine and is currently named Greenwell. This Wallis & Steevens engine is registered as PD 7172.
Engines history[edit | edit source]
The engine spent its working life in Kent & Surrey before moving North in 1992. The engines is currently owned by M. Sutherland from Ferryhill in County Durham.
Past owners[edit | edit source]
- Do you know details of this engines earlier history & owners ?
- The engine was brought by Richard Earnshaw Brown in the mid 80's and we drove it from near Sidcup to Battle, Sussex. It was partially stripped and new tubes and end plate installed, all the bearings replaced. It was then named "The Iron Lady" after obtaining special permission from the lady herself.
Events featuring this engine[edit | edit source]
- Barnard Castle Steam Fair 2009
- Please add any other events to the list
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Add more images of this engine here.
See also[edit | edit source]
References / sources[edit | edit source]
- show guide + photos from show.
[edit | edit source]
- please add relevant external links here