Wacker Construction Equipment AG, is a German manufacturer of compaction machinery.
The firm was founded in 1848, in the town of Dresden, Germany.
From Wacker group web site (may 08). (Copy edit required)
- 1848 Johann Christian Wacker opens the WACKER blacksmith's shop in Dresden (1st generation).
- 1875 Under Robert Wacker, the company begins industrial production
- 1930 Hermann Wacker comes into the company, which consequently shifts its focus to light construction equipment. The first electric rammer is developed and produced, an innovation in concrete and soil compaction. At the same time, WACKER develops the high-frequency technology for internal vibrators.
- 1938 Together with Hermann Wacker, engineer Peter Wacker, Dipl.-Ing., drives the expansion of the production program and the creation of a domestic and international sales and trade organization
- 1945 After the total loss of its production facilities in Dresden at the end of World War II, the 4th generation of the Wacker family resumes operations in Kulmbach.
- 1951 Relocating the company's head office to Munich.
- 1957 The company opens its first foreign affiliate with production and sales facilities in Hartfort, Wisconsin (United States).
- 1960 Klaus Wacker, the first representative of the family's 5th generation.
- 1964 The Reichertshofen production plant is established.
- 1971 Dr. Ulrich Wacker joins the company. By restructuring the company and employing a prudent expansion policy, he lays the groundwork for the company's continued growth together with Klaus and Christian Wacker (5th generation) from 1980 on.
- 1986 The production facility in Milwaukee (United States) is rebuilt. It is now the headquarters of Wacker Corporation.
- 1999 The production plant in Manila (Philippines) is established.
- 2002 The group is restructured to Wacker Construction Equipment AG.
- 2005 The company extends the compact construction machines business field by acquiring the Weidemann Group, a leading Central European manufacturer of small and medium-sized wheel loaders used in agriculture, gardening and landscaping architecture.
- 2006 To strengthen the leading market position in various product categories , WACKER acquired the Swiss company Drillfix AG and the US-based Ground Heaters Inc.
- 2007 WACKER launches an IPO to finance future growth. The company is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange from May 15, 2007.
- 2008 Merges with Neuson Kramer AG to form Wacker Neuson AG.
- Wacker - Concrete Technology, Demolition, Soil and Asphalt Compaction equipment, Utility, Compact Construction Equipment.
- Neuson-Kramer - Track, Vario and Mobile Excavators, Skid Steer Loaders, Dumper Trucks, Tracked Dumpers, Wheeled Loaders, Tele Wheel Loaders.
- Weidemann - Hoftrac, Wheeled Loaders and Telescopic Handler (Loaders)
- List of Construction Plant Manufacturers
- Compaction Machinery
- Compact Machinery
Wacker group web site