Premier Automotive Group (2008–2010)|
Geely Holding Group (2010–present)
|Class||Compact crossover SUV|
|Body style(s)||5-door SUV|
|Layout||Front engine, four-wheel drive|
|Platform||Volvo Y20 platform|
|Engine(s)||T6 Petrol, D5 (2.5L) Diesel and D3 (2.0L) Diesel.|
6-speed automatic,6-speed manual
|Wheelbase||2,774 mm (109.2 in)|
|Length||4,628 mm (182.2 in)|
|Width||1,861 mm (73.3 in)|
|Height||1,715 mm (67.5 in)|
|Related||Land Rover Freelander|
XC60 concept (2007)Edit
The XC60 concept was a preview of the production XC60. It included a glass roof and a newly styled grille, with a much larger Volvo logo along with the 'V' which is shaped on the Volvo, this was the first of Volvo's new 'DNA' which they are slowly implementing throughout the model range. The XC60 concept also included a new shifting mechanism, electronic bootlid, and 20 inch wheels.
The vehicle was unveiled at the 2007 North American International Auto Show.
First generation (2008-)Edit
The production vehicle was unveiled at the 2008 Geneva Motor Show. Sales began in Europe in the third quarter of 2008. North American models went on sale in early 2009 as a 2010 model, with a base MSRP of $37,200USD.
The XC60 shares technology with the Land Rover Freelander of 2007, using a modified version of the Volvo Y20 platform. The Land Rover Discovery 4/LR3 will set the stage for these corporate siblings to enter the market, as much of the engineering and tuning of this CUV was done by Volvo in Sweden, only offroad capabilities were done at Land Rover in England. The project director for the XC60 is Lars Blenwall.
In April 2010, an R-Design variant of the XC60 will be available, featuring a color-matching body kit, stiffer chassis and damping, and other unique exterior/interior trim.
United Kingdom modelsEdit
- XC60 ES (Standard): The XC60 S is the standard variant and comes with either a D3 (163 bhp) (front wheel drive) or D5 AWD (205 bhp (153 kW/208 PS) all wheel drive). The XC60 S D3 is available as the manual 'DRIVe' eco-version or geartronic (automatic) version. The D5 AWD is also available as either an automatic or manual version.
- XC60 SE (Standard Extra): The XC60 SE is an upgrade variant to the XC60 S with the same engine line up as the S and has the addition of a T6 AWD Petrol Engine which produces 304 bhp (227 kW/308 PS).
- XC60 SE LUX (Standard Extra Luxury): The XC60 SE LUX has the same choice of engines as the XC60 SE but has additional equipment to the SE.
|3.2 FWD, 3.2 AWD||2009–2010||3192cc I6 (B6324S)||238 PS@6200, 320 Nm@3200|
|2011||243 PS (179 kW/240 hp), 320 N·m (240 lb·ft)|
|T6 AWD||2008–2010||2,953 cc (3 L/180 cu in) I6 turbo (B6304T2)||285 PS (210 kW/281 hp)@5600, 400 N·m (300 lb·ft)@1500-4800|
|2011||304 PS (224 kW/300 hp)@6500, 440 N·m (325 lb·ft)@2100-4200|
|2.4D, 2.4D DRIVe FWD||2009–2010||2,400 cc (2.4 L/150 cu in) I5 turbo (D5244T14)||175 PS (129 kW/173 hp)@3000-4000, 420 N·m (310 lb·ft)@1500-2750|
|2.4D AWD||2008–2009||2,400 cc (2.4 L/150 cu in) I5 turbo (D5244T5)||163 PS (120 kW/161 hp)@4000, 340 N·m (250 lb·ft)@1750-2750|
|D3 2.0D DRIVe FWD||2010-||1,984 cc (1.984 L/121.1 cu in) I5 turbo (D5244T1)||163 PS (120 kW/161 hp)@2900, 400 N·m (295 lb·ft)@1400-2850|
|D5 AWD||2008||2,400 cc (2.4 L/150 cu in) I5 turbo (D5244T16)||163 PS (120 kW/161 hp)@4000, 400 N·m (295 lb·ft)@1500-2500|
|D5 AWD||2009||2,400 cc (2.4 L/150 cu in) I5 turbo (D5244T4)||185 PS (136 kW/182 hp)@4000, 400 N·m (295 lb·ft)@2000-2750|
|D5 AWD||2010-2011||2,400 cc (2.4 L/150 cu in) I5 turbo (D5244T10)||205 PS (151 kW/202 hp)@4000, 420 N·m (310 lb·ft)@1500-3250|
UK MY2010 vehicles include 2.4D, D5, and T6 engines. During mid 2010 the 2.4D unit was discontinued and replaced with two new D3 engines. 2.0L for FWD and 2.4L for AWD.
US models include 3.2 FWD and T6 AWD. Canada models include 3.2 FWD, 3.2 AWD, and T6 AWD.
Australian models include 3.2 AWD, D5 AWD and T6 AWD.
The DRIVe (Auto) models feature stop/start technology. All diesel engines feature particulate filters.
|3.2 FWD||2009-||6-speed Geartronic|
|3.2 AWD||2009-||6-speed Geartronic|
|T6 AWD||2008-||6-speed Geartronic|
|D3 DRIVe||2010+||6-speed manual|
|D5 AWD||2009-||6-speed manual, 6-speed Geartronic|
All US models have only 6-speed Geartronic transmissions. Canadian models have only 6-speed automatic transmission for 3.2 FWD and 3.2 AWD. The T6 AWD includes a 6-speed Geartronic transmission.
The XC60 includes traditional Volvo safety features including a whiplash protection system, side impact protection system, roll stability control, dynamic stability and traction control, inflatable curtain airbags, hill descent control (AWD only), collision warning with brake support, active bi-xenon lights (optional on some models), and patented front, side, and rear structures. The XC60 also introduced a new technology feature that Volvo has named City Safety. The system is described as a driver support system with the goal of preventing or mitigating vehicle-on-vehicle collisions below 30 km/h (19 mph); it does so through the use of a closing velocity sensor that helps determine whether a collision is likely. Depending on the speed, if a collision is likely, the Volvo's computer system will either prepare the car to brake or automatically brake the vehicle to avoid or mitigate a rear-end collision. Volvo also implemented the system to assist in towing caravans and trailers.
EuroNCAP evaluated the XC60 in 2008, awarding it 5 of 5 stars for adult occupant protection. The XC60 scored 16 of 16 points in the front test and 16 of 16 in the side test. The car received 2 of 2 points available in the pole test and an additional 3 points available for seat belt reminders. The XC60 received a total of 37 of 37 points and therefore five stars (33-37) in EuroNCAP's evaluation. The XC60 was one of only three cars (Nissan Qashqai, 2008-onward Renault Megane) to receive 37 of 37 available points under EuroNCAP's point based evaluation.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety awarded the Volvo XC60 their Top Safety Pick award. The XC60 was granted the IIHS's highest rating of "good" in front, side, rear and roof strength tests and has Electronic Stability Control as standard equipment to receive the award.
- ↑ "http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2006/112_0701_volvo_xc60". Motortrend.com. Retrieved on 2010-11-30.
- ↑ "THE XC60 PROJECT – DELIVERING A CAPABLE AND CHARISMATIC CROSSOVER FROM VOLVO". Media.ford.com. Retrieved on 2010-11-30.
- ↑ Lavrinc, Damon (2008-03-05). "Geneva 2008: Volvo XC60 softroads in style". Autoblog.com. Retrieved on 2010-11-30.
- ↑ "Volvo's New XC60 Premium Crossover to be 2010 Model". Autonewscast.com (2009-01-09). Retrieved on 2010-11-30.
- ↑ Filipponio, Frank (2009-01-29). "Volvo announces 2010 XC60 pricing starting at $37,200". Autoblog.com. Retrieved on 2010-11-30.
- ↑ XC60 brochure
- ↑ http://www.autonews.com/assets/PDF/CA60020214.PDF
- ↑ "http://www.volvocars.com/us/footer/about/NewsAndEvents/default/Pages/default.aspx?item=178". Volvocars.com. Retrieved on 2010-11-30.
- ↑ "EuroNCAP evaluation". Euroncap.com. Retrieved on 2010-11-30.
- ↑ "IIHS evaluation". Iihs.org. Retrieved on 2010-11-30.
- ↑ https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/enhanced/en-us/Media/Preview.aspx?mediaid=31044
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Volvo XC60. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|
- Official international website
- Official US website
- Ford Media press release on Volvo XC60 Concept (Media.Ford.com)
- VOLVO XC60 D5 Summum - 2008 - detailed test drive by Autoevolution.com
|« previous — Volvo Cars road car timeline, 1960s–present|
|Small family car||544||66|
|Compact executive car||Amazon / 120 / 130||S60||S60 / V60|
|Sport||P1800||1800S||1800 E||1800 ES||242 GT||240 Turbo||850 R||S/V70 R||S60/V70 T5||S60/V70 R|