|Number of locations||2 (Aurangabad, Chakan)|
Mr. Joerg Mueller,|
President and Managing Director
55,649 units (2010) |
Audi - 3,003 units
Volkswagen - 32,627 units
Škoda - 20,019 units
Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited is the wholly owned subsidiary of Volkswagen Group in India. Its operations are spearheaded by three of Group division companies:
Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited operates a manufacturing plant at Chakan, near Pune, Maharashtra with a annual capacity of 110,000 vehicles for production of Volkswagen branded vehicles. The Chakan Plant is also used by SAIPL to manufacture the Škoda Fabia. It also shares a manufacturing/assembly plant in Aurangabad, Maharashtra which is operated by Škoda Auto India Private Limited for production of Audi branded vehicles.
- Volkswagen Passat (Launched 2007)
- Volkswagen Jetta (Launched 2008)
- Volkswagen Polo (Launched 2010)
- Volkswagen Vento (Launched 2010)
- Volkswagen Touareg (Launched 2009)
- Volkswagen New Beetle (Launched 2009)
- Volkswagen Phaeton (Launched 2010)
Sales and Service NetworkEdit
VGSIPL's vehicle brands have a combined dealership network of more than 153 dealerships in more than 56 cities all over India.
In the year 2010-11, VGSIPL recorded combined sales of 55,649 vehicles.
- ↑ "Production Plants". www.volkswagenag.com. Volkswagen AG (31 December 2008). Retrieved on 21 December 2009.
- ↑ "Sites (Audi Group)". 10 March 2009, https://www.audi-mediaservices.com/publish/ms/content/en/presskit/2009/03/10/audi_konzern/produktionszahlen.standard.gid-oeffentlichkeit.html. Retrieved on <time class="dtstart" datetime="21 December 2009">21 December 2009</time>.
- ↑ "Škoda Auto (India) - FAQ's". skoda-auto.co.in. ŠkodaAuto India (2008). Retrieved on 21 December 2009.
- ↑ "Volkswagen opens new plant in Pune / India". www.volkswagenag.com. Volkswagen AG (31 March 2009). Retrieved on 21 December 2009.
- ↑ Volkswagen Accelerates Focus on Southern India Market
- ↑ "Volkswagen India". www.volkswagen.co.in (2009-03-13). Retrieved on 2009-10-15.
- ↑ Audi India > Models
- ↑ Models
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Volkswagen Group Sales India. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|