The Viv Kirk collection of Steam engines and Fairground related items was a collection based at Vivian Kirk's Oxfordshire premises. Viv was an expert on Fairground history and wrote a book Memories of St. Giles fair originally published in the National Traction Engine Trust magazine Steaming before being reprinted as a Book. Viv Kirk passed away in March 2004 and his collection is / has being dispersed in 2007.
The major items were:
- Burrell no. 3833 Showman's Engine Queen Marry - Now in the Charles Burrell Museum collection.
- Aveling & Porter no. 8026 Steam roller Daisy Bell - Sold by Cheffins in 2007
- Allchin no. 1026 Traction engine Blossom - Sold byCheffins in 2007
- Barrows no. 1601 Portable engine - Sold by Cheffins in 2007
- Robinson & Auden no. 1072 Portable engine - Sold by Cheffins in 2007
- Aveling & Porter no. 2760 Steam roller Old Bill - Fait unknown (reported as in 2 pieces)
- Garrett no. 33370 Steam tractor Morning Star - In storage
- several Bow top showmans packing trucks - built to BR loading gauge.
References / sources Edit