Uz-DaewooAvto (Uzbek: O'z-DeuAvto, Russian: Уз-ДэуАвто) is a joint venture founded in 1992 between the Uzbek state owned UzAvtosanoat and the South Korean GM Daewoo/GM Korea. The company began production of vehicles on 19 July 1996 at the new assembly plant located in Asaka.
The company produced vehicles under the brand name Uz-Daewoo and is increasingly important in the markets of the CIS area. The initiative to establish the Uzbek automobile industry goes back to the administration of State President Islam Abdugʻaniyevich Karimov.
- Daewoo Damas (1996–present)
- Daewoo Matiz (2001–present)
- Daewoo Nexia (1996–present)
- Daewoo Tico (1996–2001)
- Main article: GM Uzbekistan
Following Daewoo's collapse in 2001, and resulting change of ownership, GM Uzbekistan was eventually established in March 2008 as a new replacement joint venture, and the Nexia and Matiz were sold under the Chevrolet badge together with an extended range of GM Korea Chevrolet models produced at the Asaka factory. The joint venture is owned by Uzavtosanoat JSC (75%) and General Motors Corporation (25%). GM Uzbekistan produced 106,334 units during the first half of 2011.
- "UzAvtosanoat - The Millionth Car". avtoolam.sarkor.uz (2008-12-09). Retrieved on 2010-07-23.
- "Uz-Daewoo history page". en.uzdaewoo.ru. Retrieved on 2010-07-23.
- "Company GM Uzbekistan (Uz-Daewoo)". en.uzdaewoo.ru (2009-12-18). Retrieved on 2010-07-23.
- "Uz-Daewoo; about us". en.uzdaewoo.ru. Retrieved on 2010-07-23.
- "Uzbek Carmakers Produce a Millionth Car at Asaka Plant". jahonnews.uz (2008-11-28). Retrieved on 2010-07-23.
- "Uzavtosanoat website". Retrieved on 2011-05-04.
- "Ozarbay̆zhon Ŭzbekystondan Chevrolet-Captiva sotyb olady" (in Uzbek). Ozodlik radiosi (2011-09-10). Retrieved on 2011-10-09.
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at UzDaewooAuto. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|
- Uz-DaewooAvto homepage (Russian)