International TD-8C Full Power Shift 1972, used tractor ad
|Preceded by||New model|
|Power hp||73 gross, 69 net|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||239 ci|
|No. of Cylinders||4|
|Bore in (mm)||3.875"|
|Stroke in (mm)||5.062"|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||NA|
|Transmission type||power shift with torque converter|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||15500 lb (with dozer)|
|Approximate Cost new in (year)||$25310 (1974)|
The 69 net hp International TD-8C Full Power Shift was added to the line as a power shift option to the gear drive TD-8C. "Full Power Shift" was included in the model name to emphasize that full-power, clutchless, shifts could be made between any of the 3 forward and 3 reverse gears without stopping and that this transmission was different from the "Power Shift" of the TD-9B Power Shift which was only partly power shifted. The International D-239 engine was built by International Harvester of Germany and was the same basic engine used by the Farmall 544 wheel tractor. It developed more power in the power shift tractor than in the gear drive model to offset power losses in the torque converter and power shift tranmsission. Competition for the TD-8C Full Power Shift came from the Case 850. In 1974 the TD-8E replaced the TD-8C Full Power Shift.
See Infobox for basic details
- Track frame: 5 rollers, 1 idler
- Track gauge: 54"
- Track shoe width: 13"
Variations and Options Edit
- Optional track show width: 15"-16"
- Hydraulic system
- Logging winch
- Logging arch
Add extra photos here please.
See also Edit
- International TD-8C series
- International TD-8C Gear Drive
- List of Tractor Manufacturers
- List of International Harvester Vehicles
- Collection related info
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Collections - list of private collections with tractors (add yours)
- Museums - includes museums featuring tractors (please add missing ones)