International TD-24 1948
|Preceded by||Model 15 TracTracTor|
|Superseded by||International T-6|
|Power hp||180 net engine, 167 belt, 142 drawbar|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||1091 ci|
|No. of Cylinders||6|
|Bore in (mm)||5.75 in|
|Stroke in (mm)||7 in|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||NA|
|Transmission type||4-speed syncromesh, with 2-speed planetary power shift in each track|
|Clutch||Rockford dual-plate dry disk|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||37500 lb|
|Turning circle (nominal) inches/meters||20 ft|
The McCormick-Deering T-20 replaced the 10-20 TracTracTor. The first 50 copies built in 1931 were sold as the Model 15 TracTracTor. The T-20 was designed from scratch as a crawler, not as a wheel tractor conversion like the 10-20. The "camel hump" steering clutch housings were gone because new internal clutches were reached through access plates in the rear of the tractor, below the seat back. The T-20 used the same 221 ci 4-cylinder kerosene engine as the Farmall Regular but speeded up slightly to 1,250 rpm. The T-20 was directly competitive in weight, engine size and rpms, power, and price with the Caterpillar Fifteen (Series PV) and Cletrac 15.
- 1947 - International TD-24 introduced
- 1955 - TD-24 upgraded to Series 241
Factory locations Edit
See Infobox for basic details
- Track gauge: 80"
- Track shoe width: 22" (1947)
- Electric starting
Variations and Options Edit
- Extended track frame
- Optional track shoe width: 18"-28"
- Radiator guard
- Electric lights
Serial Numbers Information Edit
|Year|| Serial no. run|
startCite error: Closing </ref> missing for <ref> tag.
|1953||5075||6048||974||Total built this year calculated from serial range|
|1954||6049||6555||507||Total built this year calculated from serial range|
Note: Total built and serial number ranges from different sources (even IH records) do not always agree
No information on any individual examples of these tractors in preservation is currently available on here.
- Do you know of any examples to list ?
Add extra photos here please.
See also Edit
- Collection related info
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Collections - list of private collections with tractors (add yours)
- Museums - includes museums featuring tractors (please add missing ones)
References / Sources Edit
- Please supply some relevant references or sources for information for verification of data.
- ↑ Klancher, Lee, International Harvester Photographic History, Motorbooks International, Osceola, Wisconsin, 1996
External Links Edit
- Add any suitable (& Relevant) web links here