International TD-20B 1967
|Preceded by||TD-20 Series 201|
|Power hp||160 net|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||429 ci|
|No. of Cylinders||6|
|Bore in (mm)||4.5"|
|Stroke in (mm)||4.5"|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||turbocharged|
|Transmission type||power shift with torque converter|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||30300 lb|
|Approximate Cost new in (year)||$38800 (1970)|
The International TD-20B replaced the TD-20 Series 201. A new 429 ci turbocharged 6-cylinder diesel, similar in design to the 361 ci of the TD-15B, replaced the 691 ci engine of the old TD-20 Series 201. The International DT-429 engine was rated at 150 net hp initially and increased to 160-hp in 1965. A 4-speed partial power shift transmission (2-speed power shift combined with 2-speed manual and torque converter) replaced the old manual 6-speed.
In 1963 the 150-hp International TD-20B, with its small high-speed turbocharged engine, was equal in power to the Allis-Chalmers HD-16 with its big low-speed non-turbo engine but the International was 10 hp behind the Caterpillar D-7E. International went to 160 hp in 1965 but the new power shift Allis-Chalmers HD-16DP jumped to 170 hp and Caterpillar went to 180 hp in 1966.
- 1963 - TD-20B replaced TD-20 Series 201
- 1971 - TD-20C replaced TD-20B
Factory locations Edit
See Infobox for basic details
- Track frame: 6 rollers, 2 top idlers
- Track gauge: 74"
- Track shoe width: 20"
Variations and Options Edit
- Optional track shoe width: 24"
- Belt pulley
Serial Numbers Information Edit
|Year|| Serial no. run|
| Serial no. run|
|1963||4001||4670||670||Total calculated from serial range|
No information on any individual examples of these tractors in preservation is currently available on here.
- Do you know of any examples to list ?
Add extra photos here please.
See also Edit
- [International TD-20 Series 201]]
- International TD-20C
- List of Tractor Manufacturers
- List of International Harvester Vehicles
- Collection related info
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Collections - list of private collections with tractors (add yours)
- Museums - includes museums featuring tractors (please add missing ones)
References / Sources Edit
- Please supply some relevant references or sources for information for verification of data.
External Links Edit
- Add any suitable (& Relevant) web links here