International T-6 wide gauge, 1940
|Preceded by||McCormick-Deering T-20|
|Superseded by||International T-6 Series 61|
|Power hp||37 belt, 31 drawbar|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||248 ci|
|No. of Cylinders||4|
|Bore in (mm)||3.875 in|
|Stroke in (mm)||5.25 in|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||NA|
|Transmission type||sliding gear|
|Clutch||Rockford single plate|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Length (inches/metres)||104 in|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||6750 lb|
|Turning circle (nominal) inches/meters||12 ft|
|Plow rating||3-4 14"|
|Nebraska Tests No.||346|
The International T-6 was a new small crawler for International, following the styling theme introduced earlier on the TD-18. The T-6 was larger and more powerful than the unstyled T-20 it replaced, and had a 5-speed instead of 3-speed transmission. The T-6 shared the 248 ci 4-cylinder gasoline engine and 5-speed transmission of the McCormick-Deering Farmall M and W-6. The original T-6 and the TD-6 diesel were in production from 1940-56.
The T-6 competed with the Allis-Chalmers M, Caterpillar R-2, and Cletrac AG-4. All of these tractors were rated at 3-4 plow. The T-6 was the same physical size as the Caterpillar R-2, but heavier and more powerful, with a 248 ci engine vs. Caterpillar’s 221 ci.
- 1940 - International T-6 replaced McCormick-Deering T-20
- 1956 - T-6 upgraded to International T-6 Series 61
Factory locations Edit
See Infobox for basic details
- Track gauge: 40" or 50"
- Track shoe width: 10" (1940); 12" (1944)
Variations and Options Edit
- Wide-tread version
- Optional track show width: 8", 12", 13", 14", 15", 16", 18", or 20"
- Rubber track shoes
- Orchard seat
- Orchard fenders
- Belt pulley
- Electric lights and starting
Serial Numbers Information Edit
|Year|| Serial no. run|
| Serial no. run|
|1940||501||4434||Includes T-6 and TD-6|
|Total built||Included with TD-6|
No information on any individual examples of these tractors in preservation is currently available on here.
- Do you know of any examples to list ?
Add extra photos here please.
See also Edit
- Collection related info
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Collections - list of private collections with tractors (add yours)
- Museums - includes museums featuring tractors (please add missing ones)
References / Sources Edit
- Please supply some relevant references or sources for information for verification of data.
External Links Edit
- Add any suitable (& Relevant) web links here