International 584 Low Profile, 1982
|Preceded by||New model|
|Superseded by||Case-International 584 Low Profile|
|Power hp||60 engine, 53 pto, 47 drawbar|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||206 ci|
|No. of Cylinders||4|
|Bore in (mm)||3.875"|
|Stroke in (mm)||4.3875"|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||NA|
|Transmission type||4-speed syncromesh with high-low-reverse shuttle|
|Linkage Category||Category II 3-point|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Turning circle (nominal) inches/meters||18.4 ft|
See International 584 for general information on the 584.
In 1982 International brought out a new low profile version of the 584 utility tractor. The International 584 Low Profile used tires that were smaller in diameter to lower the tractor and help it fit under tree limbs but wider for better flotation in soft or damp soils.
The International 584 Low Profile had little competition. The Massey Ferguson MF255LP equaled the power of the International but it ended production not long after the International came out. The other models listed in the table developed slightly less power than the International. The 3-cylinder John Deere 2255OV came out as production of the International was winding down. The Fiat-built Allis-Chalmers 5050 Low Profile was also powered by a smaller 3-cylinder engine. The Kubota M4500-OC used a small 6-cylinder engine.
|Make & model||Pto hp||Cyl.||Displ.(ci)||RPM||Speeds(F/R)||Weight(lb)||Clear.(in)||R Tires||Price-$ (year)||Yrs.Blt.|
|International 584 Low profile||53||4||206||2300||8-4||11||18.4-16.1||82-85|
|Allis-Chalmers 5050 Low Profile||51||3||168||2700||8-2||4150||15||16.9-24||81-84|
|John Deere 2255OV||50||3||179||2500||8-4||5150||14.9-24||17866 (84)||84-87|
|Kubota M4500-OC||50||6||159||2600||16-4||4400||14490 (84)||81-85|
For basic spec see Infobox on the right. Add details here.
- D-206 4-cylinder diesel engine
- 8-speed transmission (4-speed syncromesh with high-low-reverse)
- Hydrostatic power steering
- Standard tires
- Front: 9.00-10 8-ply
- Rear: 18.4-16.1 6-ply
- Independent pto
- Category II 3-point hitch with traction control
Add extra photos here please.
- ↑ Hall, Mike, Ed., The Official Tractor Blue Book 2010, Price Digests, Overland Park, Kansas, 2009
- ↑ Larsen, Lester, Farm Tractors 1950-1975, American Society of Agricultural Engineers, St. Joseph, Michigan, 1981
- ↑ Gay, Larry, Farm Tractors 1975-1995, American Society of Agricultural Engineers, St. Joseph, Michigan, 1995