A rare example of a surviving Rotinoff.UAS 407 is a restored Rotinoff Atlantic GR 7 owned by Mark Lord. This truck was built in 1957 by Rotinoff Motors Limited and is probably the oldest surviving example.
Built in 1957 for the Swiss Army as tank transporter tractor haulage unit. Sold off after its service life ended.
In 1991 it was bought back to the UK by Walker Machinery of Witney in Oxford who then sold it on to Foxwood Plant for use as a recovery vehicle, but it just stood in their yard and was sold off again in 2001 when Tony Jordan acquired it. An extensive restoration was undertaken and then it was repainted in Mr. Jordan's company to red and white livery.
In 2010 the vehicle was at the Ashby Magna Midsummer Vintage Festival with a 'For Sale' sign on it. Sold to Mr Graham Booth in 2012 and repainted in his livery. Now owned by Mark Lord and shown in the Livery of 'Mark Lord' Heavy Haulage, Boroughbridge North Yorkshire since 2015
Powered by a Rolls Royce C6 SFL supercharged engine producing 250 bhp coupled to 6 speed synchromesh gearbox and a 3 speed transfer box. The vehicle also has the benefit of power steering and a Darlington winch with a 20 ton single line pull.>
Some of the events attended by this vehicle include;
- Ackworth Scammell Gathering - 2016/17/18
- Ashby Magna Midsummer Vintage Festival 2010
- Belvoir Castle Steam Festival - 2008
- Great Dorset Steam Fair - several years
- Riverside Steam and Vintage Vehicle Rally - ?
- Masham Steam Engine and Fair Organ Rally - 2016/17/18/19
- Pickering Steam Rally - 2017
- Tractor Fest at Newby Hall - 2016/17/18/19
- Dunecombe Park Steam Fair - 2017/18/19
- Yorkshire Steam Fair - 2016
- Hunton Steam Gathering - 2016/17/18/19
- Pennine Historic Vehicle Rally - 2016/17/18
- Harewood House Steam Fair - 2016/17
- Driffield Steam and Vintage Rally - 2018/19
- Wolds Vintage Rally - 2018
- Thirsk Truck Gathering - 2018/19
add more photos of the vehicle here
- List of Vehicles by registration number
- Shows and Meets - list of events
- Clubs Listing
- Collections - list of private collectors
- Museums List - Public and privately run museums open to the public
Rotinoff Motors Limited of Colnbrook near Slough England that was a small English lorry and haulage tractors making company.
References / sourcesEdit
- Photos from events listed
- Add any directly relevant web links here please