Tyres are a very important part of a lot of machinery as they have several rolls to play.
Tyres come in a wide range of different types with the tyre Casing (body ) designed for the application and a wide range of tread patterns designed to assist grip and reduce damage to the road or ground it is being used on.
- Agricultural \/ pattern
- Grassland - designed to spread load and not cut slots in ground, usually used on sports field tractors, were grip is not a major problem but ruts are.
- Terra tyres - very wide low ground pressure often used om sprayers to avoid crop damage when a slim rowcrop wheel would sink in.
- Low profile - usually used on cars and utility vehicles. More for visual effect than any technical reason.
- Main article: List of Tyre manufacturers
- Avon Rubber
- Continental AG
- BF Goodrich Tyre
- Sumitomo Rubber Industries
- Toyo Tire & Rubber Company
- Trelleborg AB
- Vredestein Banden B.V.
- Yokohama Rubber Company