|Current owner||GAC Group|
|Country of origin||China|
|Markets||Guangzhou, Guangdong, China|
In 2008 GAC began the construction of facilities to produce vehicles for a new own-brand automotive marque. The first production Trumpchi car, the Trumpchi Sedan, a four-door mid-size saloon car model based on the platform of the Alfa Romeo 166, went into mass production in September 2010. The first 500 Trumpchi Sedans produced were delivered to the organizing committee of the 2010 Asian Games in October 2010.
The Trumpchi Sedan was formally unveiled to the public at Auto Guangzhou in December 2010, and public sales of the vehicles begin in the same month. The Trumpchi GS5, a sport utility vehicle based on the same platform as the Trumpchi Sedan, was launched in March 2012.
The following Trumpchi vehicles are currently available in China:
- Trumpchi Sedan, a four-door mid-size saloon car available in 1.8 litre and 2.0 litre petrol versions; and
- Trumpchi GS5, a five-door sport utility vehicle.
- "2011 sales of Trumpchi below expectations", Gasgoo (24 August 2011). Retrieved on 27 April 2012.
- (2012) Designated Drivers: How China Plans to Dominate the Global Auto Industry. John Wiley & Sons, 127. ISBN 1118328884, 9781118328880.
- "GAC's first own-brand car", People's Daily (6 September 2010). Retrieved on 27 April 2012.
- "Guangzhou Auto Show: Guangzhou Auto Trumpchi Listed & Priced", Car News China (20 December 2010). Retrieved on 27 April 2012.
- "GAC unveils own-brand vehicle", Taipei Times (21 December 2010). Retrieved on 27 April 2012.
- "New GAC SUV to make market debut next year", Gasgoo (29 November 2011). Retrieved on 27 April 2012.
- "Guangzhou Auto Trumpchi GS5 listed & priced in China", China Car News (1 March 2012). Retrieved on 27 April 2012.
- "新途观白车身谍照 纳智捷L7等四车将上市", Auto Sohu (15 June 2011). Retrieved on 27 April 2012.
- Official site (Chinese)
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Trumpchi. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|