|Parent company||Tata Group|
Samut Prakan, Thailand (TAAP)
|Body style(s)||4-door Pickup|
|Engine(s)||2.0 L common rail turbodiesel|
|Wheelbase||2,650 mm (104.3 in)|
|Length||5,125 mm (201.8 in)|
|Width||1,860 mm (73.2 in)|
|Height||1,765 mm (69.5 in)|
|Kerb weight||1,900 kg (4,189 lb)|
|Fuel capacity||65 L (14 imp gal/17 US gal)|
|Related||Tata Sumo Grande|
|Designer||Thomas Ashton, Design Director, Concept Group International LTD UK|
Tata Xenon is a pickup truck manufactured by Tata Motors. It was debuted as redesigned Tata TL at the 2006 Bologna Motor Show. Released in late 2007 as the Tata Xenon. The Xenon is powered by newly developed 2.2L common rail turbodiesel 140 PS (103 kW) engine (DICOR)[i.e. Direct injection Common Rail]. This also featured the extended cab (X-Tend cab) for the first time but to the selected markets. The new Xenon will be launched in many countries around the world, whereas in India its platform also gives rise to the Tata Sumo Grande, a passenger variant from Tata.
The car is assembled in Thailand by Tata-Thonburi JV, and in Argentina by Tata-Fiat JV. Fiat's first body-on frame pickup will have the same styling as Tata Xenon and is to be named Fiat Terra . A variant, Xenon XT (Cross Terrain), a life style 4-door, 5-seater pick-up was launched in 2009. The vehicle combines stylish on-road presence and comfortable interiors with off-road capabilities of a 4x4. The Xenon has been well received in Europe especially in Spain and Italy
SPRINT was the code name of the project for development of Tata's World Pick-up (truck), it was designed by the Concept Group UK along with the Tata Sumo Grande. World Pick-up market (other than USA) is dominated by Japanese Auto majors like Toyota, Isuzu, Mitsubishi, Nissan. As per the study conducted by Tata Motors, there is a big opportunity for TML to grab substantial market share of world Pick-up market. Tata initiated an in-depth market study was conducted in various countries in Europe, Middle East, S Africa, Thailand, Australia, LAT AM etc. to understand needs of target segments from a new Pick-up.
- ↑ http://www.taap.in.th/product.php
- ↑ "Indians in Thailand - Tata launches Xenon Pickup in Bangkok International Motor Show". Thaindian.com (2008-03-28). Retrieved on 2010-11-14.
- ↑ "Tata Motors & Thonburi of Thailand set up joint venture in Thailand for pickup trucks". Tatamotors.com. Retrieved on 2010-11-14.
- ↑ "Fiat and Tata announce agreement for pick-up production in Argentina". Tatamotors.com. Retrieved on 2010-11-14.
- ↑ "Google Image Result for http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o201/sportboy_2007/FiatPick-up01copy.jpg". Images.google.com. Retrieved on 2010-02-24.
- ↑ "Article: Tata's TL Sprint previews Fiat pickup.(News) - Automotive News Europe | HighBeam Research - FREE trial". Highbeam.com (2006-12-11). Retrieved on 2010-02-24.
- ↑ re (2008-01-13). "italiaspeed.com". italiaspeed.com. Retrieved on 2010-02-24.
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Tata Xenon. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|
|Tata road car timeline, Indian market, 1990s–present|
|SUV||Sierra||Sierra Turbo||Safari TCIC||Safari dicor|
|Maxi Van|| Winger