Sumitomo Corporation (住友商事, Sumitomo Shōji) TYO: 8053 is one of the largest worldwide trading companies Sogo shosha, and is a diversified corporation. Sumitomo is headquartered in the Harumi Island Triton Square Office Tower Y in Chūō, Tokyo, Japan. Incorporated in 1919, it is a member company of the Sumitomo Group.
In 1996, the company disclosed a loss of 2.6 billion dollars, blaming unauthorized trades by its chief copper trader, Yasuo Hamanaka, over a period of more than ten years (see wikipedia:Sumitomo copper affair).
Today, the company is one of the top three Sogo shosha companies in the world.
- Bluewell Insurance
- Clickstream Capital
- Hartz Mountain Corporation
- JSAT Corporation
- Pacific Summit Energy
- Presidio Venture Partners
- The Seiyu, Ltd.
- SKY Perfect Communications Inc.
- Sumitomo Corporation Equity Asia Limited
- SMBC Finance&Lease
- Sumitomo Wiring Systems Ltd.
- Summit Biotech
- United Cinemas
- Petro Summit Pte Ltd (Singapore)
- TBC Corporation (Merchant Tire, NTB, Big O Tires)
- Sumitomo Life Insurance Co.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, Ltd.
- The Sumitomo Trust and Banking Co., Ltd.
- Japan Trustee Services Bank, Ltd.
- Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Co., Ltd.
- NEC Corporation
- The Mitsubishi Trust and Banking Corporation
- The Dai-ichi Mutual Life Insurance Company
- UFJ Trust Bank Limited
- Sumitomo Corporation HQ
- Sumitomo Corporation USA HQ
- Sumitomo Corporation EU HQ
- Sumitomo Group Companies Lists
- Sumitomo Group Public Affairs
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Sumitomo Corporation. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|