The Star Engineering Company (or Star Engineering Limited) of Wolverhampton produced cars, lorries and motorcycles. Star's foundry was in Frederick Street, where metal castings were made for the company's vehicles.
- Main article: Star Motor Company
The Star Engineering Company was formed in 1904 to produce cars as a subsidiary of the Star Cycle Co and marketed them through the Star Motor Company.
The Star Cycle Co. was absorbed into the new Star Engineering Co as cycle production stopped.
In 1902 the company also started building commercial vehicles with a 6 cwt van based on the car chassis.
The company was absorbed into Guy Motors in 1929.
- Briton Motor Company who sold some cars built by Star
- Brown Brothers
- Star Cycle co. (not to be confused with the US based Star Motorcycles brand owned by Yamaha Motor Company).
- Star Commercial Vehicles
- List of British car marques
- List of motorcycle manufacturers
References / sources
- Powered Vehicles Made in the Black Country page 22
- Graces Guide