A Saw Bench is a machine for cutting up wood (generally) in agriculture to make posts and rails, or by the local timber building contractor to create beams and planks, or joiners shop for general joinery use. the offcuts being turned into fire wood.
The main type is the circular saw which comes in a couple of types;
- For ripping timber or log into planks down the length, or
- cross cut saw which is often used to cut logs or timber up for fire wood and cuts across the log to create short lengths, which were then split by hand axe (originally) or by a hydraulic splitter (today).
- Clayton & Shuttleworth
- Ferguson - tractor mounted
- Liner Concrete Machinery Company - For construction site use
- Lister - For Agriculture and Construction use
- Marshall, Sons & Co.
- Robey & Co
- Twose - Portable bench saws
- Other types
- cutoff saw
- Portable sawmill
- Related subjects
References / sources
- Add any directly relavent links here
- Web Site Links - General list of links