Schneider, Logemann & Cia Ltda (SLC) and John Deere
The SLC - John Deere company was a former joint venture in Horizontina, Brazil between Schneider, Logemann & Cia Ltda (SLC) and John Deere. Schneider, Logemann and Cia was a conglomerate that included agricultural equipment production. The original venture was called SLC, with John Deere purchasing 20% of SLC in 1979, and manufactured combines. In 1996, John Deere acquired an additional 20% (40% total) and renamed the company SLC-John Deere, and tractor production began. The joint venture was a 40-60 j.v. until John Deere bought out SLC in 1999, becoming the 100% owner of SLC-John Deere.
Tractors and Combine harvesters were built in Brazil using John Deere technology, and others were imported, but all were sold using the SLC - John Deere brand name.