A Ripper is an attachment used on Crawler tractors, Tracked Shovels or Tractors that hass one or more "shanks" with a hardened steel tooth or bit on the end that id drawn into the ground and "Rips it up".


add details of different types


The big names sell them under there own brand, but 3rd parties also make then (in some cases for the big brands). A lot of Agricultural machinery manufactures built a type of ripper called as sub-soiler for use with tractors, as part of their Implements line.


  • Single ripper
  • A single shank ripper on Caterpillar D8R used on an opencast site
  • 3 tine ripper on Caterpillar D4E
  • 5 tine ripper / toolbar

See alsoEdit


External linksEdit

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.