RYS 893 is a restored AEC Matador truck fitted with a timber winch & jib. This truck was at the Woolpit Steam rally in 2009. The truck was listed in the catalogue (commercial vehicle section) exhibit No 6 (but displays 5 in the window). The truck is owned by D. Fleet in whose livery it is painted.
- Supplied new in 1944 as a medium artillery tractor.
- 1944- ? in military service. Vehicle ref no. 06-YZ-15 and was overhauled in 1963. (plate on chassis)
- 1978 was bought by a Mr. Pagan of Oxford.
- 1983 Station Road sawmills in Farringdon, Oxfordshire as a Timber tractor. Then transferred to Barnes of Reading (at unknown date ?)
- 1996 bought by Ray Collington of Crowthorne and part restored.
- 2001 Bought by D. Fleet (current owner) & restored with new Timber crane Jib fitted in place of Artillery body.
The truck is exhibited at various shows around Norfolk & Suffolk.
Events this vehicle seen atEdit
- Woolpit Steam Rally 2009