The Pyrene Co. of Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex were a manufacture of fire fighting equipment and automotive parts.
Company time line
- 1914 Company founded.
- 1937 Fire extinguisher and appliance manufacturers.
- "Conquest" Fire Extinguisher.
- "Phomene" Fire Extinguisher.
- "Pyrene" Fire Extinguisher.
- 1939 Listed as a Aircraft Industry Suppliers in trade directory
- 1953 Public company.
- 1960 Fire protection in mines.
- 1961 Fire protection engineers, manufacturers of motor car bumpers and operators of metal pre-treatment processes.
- 1961 recorded as having 2,500 employees.
- 1963 Motor Show exhibitor. Fire equipment.
- Portable fire appliances
- Hand held fire extinguishers for fitting in vehicles
- Fire fighting equipment for airport fire appliances such as the Thornycroft Nubian Fire Tender
- Suppliers of Foaming agent for use on flammable liquid fires such as at airports
- manufacture of car bumpers
References / Sources of Information
- 1937 The Aeroplane Directory of the Aviation and Allied Industries
- Mining Year Book 1960. Published by Walter E. Skinner. Advert p453
- 1939 Directory of Suppliers to the Aircraft Industry
- 1961 Guide to Key British Enterprises: Motor Engines and Components for the Motor Industry also Parts for Agricultural Machinery, Garage Equipment, etc
- 1961 Dun and Bradstreet KBE
- 1963 Motor Show exhibitors listing
|This page uses some content from Graces Guide. The original article was at Pyrene. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Graces Guide is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|