PWV 618 is a Scammell 15MU Ballast tractor built in 1957 fitted with a 102 bhp 6-cylinder Gardner 6LW engine. The Truck was restored by the late George Strutt and it is now rallied by his wife Kath in his memory at local shows.
This truck has appeared at many events in the Midlands including these:
- Bakewell Showground Spectacular
- Belper Steam and Vintage Event/2010
- Sandbach Transport Festival
- Sheffield Steam and Vintage Rally
- New to united Dairies, Wiltshire as a milk tanker, for the night trunk run to London.
- Converted to breakdown vehicle for yard use.
- Bought by George and restored, with Custom made rims for modern Super Singles & rebuilt cab.
- Custom built Ballast body built and fitted by George.
- Now owned by Barron Coupland and used to haul the juvenile gallopers on the showmans circuit.
- George Strutt Jnr. rallies a Scammell Junior Constructor ULY 904
- Scammell Register - owners group
- List of Scammell vehicles
- List of Vehicles by registration number
- List of Named Vehicles
- Heavy Haulage Contractors
- List of Truck Manufacturers
- Shows and Meets
- Clubs Listing
- Collections - list of private collections of vehicles often seen at shows
References / sourcesEdit
- Show guide
- Info display board with the vehicle.