|Preceded by||Nuffield 10/60|
|Superseded by||Leyland 384|
|Engine model||BMC OE4|
|Power hp||65 hp (52 hp PTO)|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||230 cu. in (3.8 litre)|
|No. of Cylinders||4|
|Bore in (mm)||3.937 inches (100 mm)|
|Stroke in (mm)||4.724 inches (120 mm)|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||NA|
|Clutch||11" dry Borg & Beck|
|Forward||5 x Hi/low|
|Reverse||1 x Hi/low|
|Lift capacity (lb/kg)||3,600 lb|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Front||6/7.5 x 16|
11/12 x 36|
12 x 38
14/15 x 30
|Length (inches/metres)||10'6.5" (2,030 mm)|
|Width (inches/meters)||5'8" (1,720 mm)|
|Height (inches/meters)||7'2.75" (2,200 mm)|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||5,140 lb|
|Turning circle (nominal) inches/meters||7'32 (2,200 mm)|
|Nebraska Tests No.||Unknown|
|Notes||Replaced by 'New' Leyland Blue models, fitted with Leyland Engine, & new tinwork|
The Nuffield 4/65 was built by Nuffield from 1967 to 1969 at the Bathgate factory.
Model History Edit
- For Company history see
- Main article: Nuffield
The detailed history of this model is unknown. Can you help add more history for them
- Skid unit used in the JCB 3C series excavators.
- Introduced in 1967 to replace the Nuffield 10/60, with a new twin range gearbox to give a 10F 2R range. Fitted with new rear mudgauards, and restyled Boned & nosecone with integral lights. The engine power was raised to 65 hp, and a bigger radiator fitted. The fuel tank was moved to the nose.
Factory locations Edit
Built at Bathgate, Scotland.
See Infobox above for main spec.
- Plessey tandem hydraulic pump.
- Hydraulic Controls changed to quadrant design.
Variations and Options Edit
- Bray offered a 4-wd version known as the Bray Four 4/65 of which only about 130 were built over a 3 year period.
- Power steering option offered (expensive) (pump mounted on engine, driven by timing gears).
- Bostrum suspension seat
Serial Numbers Information Edit
|Year||Serial run||Number Built||Notes (Total built xyz).|
|1969||?||?||Last built No.|
|year||serial no||Number built||Notes|
New the tractor sold for ?
- Poor ex farm machines - £750-£1000
- Complete but tired ex farm - £ 1500
- Good Original working example - £ 5000
- Restored examples from - £5000
Add details about any of these tractors in preservation.
(you can create a separate page by linking using serial no. or reg no. to create a unique page for that tractor)
- Do you know of any more examples to list below ?
- Nuffield 4/65 - Northumbria Vintage Tractor Rally 2012 at
- Nuffield 4/65 - Belvoir Castle Steam Festival 2008 at
- Nuffield 4/65 - T&M vol 14 no.10 sn ? of 1969 owned by John Calcutt. featured in
- Nuffield 4/65 - RAJ 123G - A Well restored 1969 example at Masham Steam Rally 2009 owned by P. Graham of Ripon.
- Several more examples were at Malvern Tractor World show in 2008
|Make + Model No.||Reg No. |
|Serial No.||Build-Date||Engine-Type/Make||Owner |
|Photo||Were seen/Featured in||Other info|
|Nuffield 4/65||serial no||date built||engine||owner||At NVTR 2012|
|Please add any tractor with known reg or serial no. with Photo if possible.|
|Make & model||reg no||serial no||date built||engine||owner||
|seen at||misc info|
|Create a page (link) for an individual tractor by linking the reg or serial number using reg number or serial number in the relevant column. Then once saved click the red link to start the new page and add info on that tractor.|
See also Edit
References / Sources Edit
External Links Edit