A restored Nuffield 4/60 - Reg 9230 WF
|Preceded by||Nuffield Universal Four|
|Superseded by||Nuffield 10/60|
|Engine model||BMC OE4|
|Power hp||60 hp (PTO)|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||230 cu. in (3.8 litre)|
|No. of Cylinders||4|
|Bore in (mm)||3.937 inches|
|Stroke in (mm)||4.724 inches|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||NA|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Front||7.5 x 18|
|Rear||12 x 38|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||5,650 lb|
Cowley, Oxford, till 1963 |
|Nebraska Tests No.||Unknown|
The Nuffield 4/60 was built by Nuffield from 1961 to 1963 at the Morris factory at Cowley, Oxford, before the new Bathgate factory opened.
Model History Edit
- For Company history see
- Main article: Nuffield
The 4/60 was introduced as a replacement for the previous, 19-year old, Universal series. It itself was replaced by the Nuffield 4/65.
- Introduced in 1961 to replace the Nuffield Universal Four, with a 5-forward 1 reverse gearbox. Fitted with a side mounted belt pulley.
Factory locations Edit
- Cowley Oxford (Morris works)
For basic spec. see Info Box.
Variations and Options Edit
Details required of model options.
Serial Numbers Information Edit
|Year||Serial run||Number Built||Notes (Total built xyz).|
|1961||24000-24553||553||First built November|
|1964||?||Last one built September|
|year||serial no||Number built||Notes|
Add details about any of these tractors in preservation. (you can create a separate page by linking using serial no. or reg no. to create a unique page for that tractor)
- Do you know of any examples to list below ?
- Nuffield 4/60 - JSH 773 - 1963 model restored in 1996 - Owner Andrew Marshall
- Nuffield 4/60 - Duncombe Park Steam Rally 2009 (photo above) - owner D. Kitchen. of 1963 at
- Nuffield 4/60 - Rushden Transport Cavalcade 2008 - at
- Nuffield 4/60 - Newark Vintage Tractor and Heritage Show 2012 - at
See also Edit
References / Sources Edit
External Links Edit