McCormick-Deering O-12 of 1934 on rubber tires at the Tulare, California antique tractor show, 2004
|Model status||Discontinued Discontinued|
|Superseded by||McCormick-Deering O-14|
|Power hp||19 belt|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||113 ci|
|No. of Cylinders||4|
|Bore in (mm)||3|
|Stroke in (mm)||4|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||NA|
|Transmission type||sliding gear|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Length (inches/metres)||103 in|
|Width (inches/meters)||50 in|
|Height (inches/meters)||52 in|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||3200 lb|
|Turning circle (nominal) inches/meters||18.5 ft|
|Factories||Tractor Works, Chicago, Illinois, USA|
|Approximate Cost new in (year)||$800 (1934)|
The McCormick-Deering O-12 was very similar to the W-12 but had some different features to adapt it to working in orchards. The engine was governed at 2,000 rpm for a little more power. Orchard fenders and low-mounted air intake and exhaust protected low-hanging limbs and fruit. Rubber tires were standard and small-diameter wheels reduced the overall height.
- International Harvester Tractor Works, Chicago, Illinois, USA
See infobox for basic details
Variations and Options
Available rubber tires
- Front: 6.00-16
- Rear: 11.25-24
Serial numbers and production figures
|Year||Serial run||Number Built||Notes .|
Note: "Number Built" and "Serial Run" may not always agree if they are based on different International Harvester records. Different parts of the company did not always agree on the interpretation of production vs. sales or model year vs. calendar year vs. sales year vs. fiscal year.
David & Carol Garber, Goshen, Indiana own a restored 1937 O-12 with the optional streamlined, enclosed, orchard fenders.
- 435 XUN - McCormick-Deering O-12 sn ? - shown at Newark 2009, owned by ?
Add extra photos here please.
- Wendel, C. H. 1981. 150 Years of International Harvester, Crestline Publishing Co., Sarasota, Florida. (serial numbers p.412)
- Klancher, Lee 1996. International Harvester Photographic History, Motorbooks International, Osceola, Wisconsin, p.125
- Leffingwell, Randy 1999. International Harvester Tractors, MBI Publishing Co., Osceola, Wisconsin. pp.94,190