Through the end of September, 2005, the plant had a cumulative production volume of 849,000: 465,000 Suzuki Swift (Generation II) through March, 2003, 187,000 Suzuki Wagon R+, 137,000 Suzuki Ignis and 60,000 Generation IV of the Suzuki Swift. Current production capacity is 300,000 units/year. In addition to Suzuki-badged vehicles, the Hungarian plant also produced 24,943 Fiat Sedici CUVs and 4,494 Ignis-based Subaru G3X Justys. The plant will produce the new Suzuki Splash, as well as a rebadged version, the Opel Agila.
Initially constructed with an investment of 14 billion Hungarian forints, Magyar Suzuki initially produced 1.0-litre and 1.3-litre Swifts, reaching the ten thousandth car in 1993. On October 6, 2006, the plant produced its one millionth car, a five-door Generation IV Suzuki Swift.
The plant meets ISO 14001 quality levels, engines manufactured at the plant meet Euro IV requirements, and Suzuki requires ISO 9001:2000 quality assurance certification from suppliers and dealerships.
- Fiat Sedici
- Suzuki Splash
- Suzuki SX4
- Suzuki Ignis
- Suzuki Wagon R+
- Suzuki Swift (Generation II)
- Subaru Justy
- Opel Agila
- ↑ "Suzuki SX4 New 2- or all-wheel drive Compact SUV next spring". Suzuki Press Release, October 2006.
- ↑ http://www.esztergom.hu/wps/portal/gazdasag?docid=AAMN-7L6CM7
- ↑ "2008: adjunk el harmincnégyezret a mi legújabb autónkból! | Gazdaság | Komárom-Esztergom | kemma.hu KEMMA". Kemma.hu. Retrieved on 2010-07-04.
- ↑ "2007 Frankfurt Motor Show: Suzuki Splash Debuts". Drive Line, 14 Jul 2007.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 "Magyar Suzuki Celebrates Production Milestone". Suzuki Press Release, October 2006.
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Magyar Suzuki. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|