Organisation[edit | edit source]
In 1954, MZKT, the Minsk Wheeled Tractor Factory, was founded to develop artillery tractors; it then developed a series of heavy weapons transporters for the military of the USSR, including heavy offroad trucks such as the MAZ-537 and MAZ-7310. It was a division of Minsk Automobile Plant (known as MAZ). The name in Russian is "Минский завод колёсных тягачей"; this is abbreviated MZKT in English. In 1991, MZKT was spun off into a separate company; its former parent, MAZ, continues to make a broader range of heavy vehicles.
In 1992, military orders slowed, and MZKT attempted to adapt its products to civilian uses, such as mining trucks and crane carriers.
Products[edit | edit source]
Many post-independence MZKT trucks continued to use a MAZ cab which resembled the Iveco Turbostar cab; starting in 2010 these were replaced with Belkarplastik cabs, which are also used by Yarovit trucks.
- MZKT-79221 transporter erector launcher for the Topol-M missile; a successor to the MAZ-7917, which was, in turn, a successor to the MAZ-5417
- MZKT-6922, used with Tor and other surface-to-air missile systems.
- MZKT-7930, which is used to transport Iskander ballistic missiles, and radars for the S-300 missile system.
- MZKT-79086, 12x12 oilfield truck
- MZKT-7429, 8x8 offroad tractor
- MZKT-790976, 8x8 oilfield truck
- MZKT-75165 8x8 tipper
- MZKT-74135 8x8 tank transporter
See also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- MZKT product listing
- Review in the Russian Journal of Motor Vehicles
- Overview of vehicle manufacturers in Belarus
References[edit | edit source]
- "Go-anywhere, do-anything MZKT/VOLAT specialist trucks on Biglorryblog. Magnificent monster machines from Minsk! - Biglorryblog" (22 March 2009). Retrieved on 14 August 2011.
- "VOLAT - Minsk Wheel Tractor Plant". Retrieved on 14 August 2011.
- "Minsk Wheeled Tractor Plant (MZKT)". Retrieved on 14 August 2011.
- "Biglorryblog and who used the old Iveco TurboStar cab....? The Brochure King rides to the rescue! - Biglorryblog" (23 March 2009). Retrieved on 14 August 2011.
- "MZKT - 700650 (Commercial vehicles)" (2010). Retrieved on 14 August 2011.
- "Mighty MAZ and MZKT 12x12 missile carriers...or should that be tippers? Only Vladimir could deliver such behemoths to Biglorryblog" (22 May 2008). Retrieved on 14 August 2011.
- "Point Defence System Vehicles" (May 2011). Retrieved on 14 August 2011.
- "Iskander (SS-26 Stone) Short-Range Ballistic Missile". Retrieved on 14 August 2011.
- "Monster MZKT oilfield truck! Vladimir is back on Biglorryblog with a real bang! - Biglorryblog" (21 January 2009). Retrieved on 14 August 2011.
- "Big Russian oilfield trucks...the mighty MZKT makes a welcome return to Biglorryblog thanks to Vladimir!" (13 February 2008). Retrieved on 14 August 2011.
- "More mighty MZKT Russian trucks on Biglorryblog. And how much scow end do you need?" (26 December 2007). Retrieved on 14 August 2011.
- "MZKT-74135 Tank Transporter". Retrieved on 14 August 2011.
- "Wanshan WS2400 (8 x 8) heavy-duty off-road vehicle (China) - Jane's Military Vehicles and Logistics". Retrieved on 14 August 2011.
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at MZKT. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|