|Founder(s)||Henning Holck-Larsen and Søren Kristian Toubro|
Larsen & Toubro (L&T) is a multi-faceted company involved in many different areas of business in India. Larsen & Toubro was founded in Mumbai in 1938 by two Danish engineers, Henning Holck-Larsen and Søren Kristian Toubro.
Joint Ventures Edit
In 1998, L&T established L&T-Case Construction with CNH Global as a 50-50 joint venture to build backhoes. In 2011, L&T decided to exit this joint venture and sold its share to CNH, and the company was renamed Case New Holland Construction Equipment India.
In 1998, L&T converted their hydraulic excavator business into a joint venture with Komatsu, called L&T-Komatsu was a joint-venture of Larsen and Toubro, and Komatsu Asia Pacific Pte Limited, Singapore, a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Limited, Japan. Komatsu is the world’s second largest manufacturer of hydraulic excavators and has manufacturing and marketing facilities. The plant was started in 1975 by L&T to manufacture hydraulic excavators for the first time in India. In 1998, it became a joint-venture. The Bengaluru works comprises machinery and hydraulics works, with a manufacturing facility for design, manufacture and servicing of earth moving equipment. The hydraulics works has a precision machine shop, manufacturing high pressure hydraulic components and systems, and designing, developing, manufacturing and servicing hydraulic pumps, motors, cylinders, turning joints, hose assemblies, valve blocks, hydraulic systems and power drives as well as allied gear boxes. In April 2013, L&T bought the 50% stake held by Komatsu Asia & Pacific. The company's name was changed to L&T Construction Equipment Limited.
References / sourcesEdit
- ↑ http://www.larsentoubro.com/lntcorporate/LnT_PRS/news_news_press.aspx?res=P_CORP_EMID_BPRS&PR_ID=150
- ↑ http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/lt-divests-stake-in-lt-case-jv/130827/on
- ↑ "L&T Komatsu Ltd". Komatsu Limited. Retrieved on 10 August 2011.
- ↑ Komatsu Limited
- ↑ "Change name". Larsen&Toubro. Retrieved on 10 June 2013.
- ↑ "L&T to buy out Komatsu subsidiary in joint venture". Economic Times (13 April 2013). Retrieved on 13 April 2013.
- ↑ Classic Plant & Machinery Magazine, vol 8 no. 10, June 2010
- ↑ Classic Plant & Machinery Magazine
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Larsen & Toubro. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|