|Key people||Pekka Lundmark (President and CEO), Stig Gustavson (Chairman of the board)|
|Industry||Engineering and service|
|Products||Heavy and standard lifting cranes and service|
|Revenue (turnover)||€2.103 billion (2008)|
|Operating income||€248.7 million (2008)|
|Profit||€166.6 million (2008)|
Konecranes Oyj (KCI Konecranes prior to 2007-03-16) is a Finnish company, headquartered in Hyvinkää, which specialises in the manufacture and service of cranes of various sizes and lifting capacities. The firm produces about one in ten of the world's cranes, of which around 80% are for use in factories, the rest at ports. The company was initially a division of KONE, who began to manufacture cranes and hoists in the 1930s, but was spun off as an independent company in 1994 when KONE underwent extensive restructuring. The firm listed on the Helsinki Stock Exchange two years later and has since grown to become a constituent member of the benchmark OMX Helsinki 25 index. Konecranes is arranged into three business divisions - heavy lifting (39%), standard lifting (37%) and service (34%) (covering crane maintenance and safety). These percentages are from year 2008.
- Industrial 'Overhead travelling cranes
- Dock & material handling cranes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "Annual Report 2008". Konecranes. Retrieved on 2009-03-09.
- ↑ ben-Aaron, Diana (30 July 2008). "Konecranes Rises Most in 10 Years on Earnings, Target", Bloomberg. Retrieved on 2008-07-30.
- ↑ Marsh, Peter (28 July 2008). "Konecranes proves a tower of strength", Financial Times. Retrieved on 2008-07-30.
- ↑ "Market quotes: Konecranes Oyj". Kauppalehti. Retrieved on 2008-07-30.
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Konecranes. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|