|Manufacturer||Komatsu America Corp.|
|Parent company||Komatsu Ltd.|
|Production||2008 - Present|
|Assembly||Peoria, IL, USA|
|Body style(s)||Dump truck|
|Layout||Front engine, rear wheel drive|
Power: 3,500 horsepower (2,600 kW)
|Transmission(s)||GE GTA-39 alternator with (2) GE GDY108 induction traction motors|
|Wheelbase||21 ft 10 in (6.65 m)|
|Length||51 ft 2 in (15.60 m)|
|Width||30 ft 2 in (9.19 m)|
|Height||24 ft 2 in (7.37 m)|
|Curb weight||Max Loaded 1,270,000 pounds (580 t)|
|Fuel capacity||1,400 US gal (5,300 l)|
The Komatsu 960E-1 (960E) is an off-highway, ultra-class, rigid-frame, two-axle, diesel/AC electric powertrain haul truck designed and manufactured by Komatsu America Corp. in Peoria, Illinois, United States. The 960E-1 is Komatsu's largest, highest capacity haul truck, offering a payload capacity of up to 360 short tons (327 t). The 960-E1 is the first generation of the 960E series of haul trucks and is alternately referred to by Komatsu specifically as the 960E-1 or generally as the 960E.
Komatsu America Corp. announced the introduction of the 960E-1 on May 27, 2008.
The 960E-1 is a powered by a diesel/AC electric powertrain. A 3,500 horsepower (2,600 kW) Komatsu SSDA18V170 V18, dual-stage turbocharged, diesel engine developed by Industrial Power Alliance, Ltd., a joint venture between Komatsu and Cummins, is coupled to a General Electric GTA-39 IGBT alternator that sends electrical power to twin General Electric GDY108 induction traction motors, with one induction motor located on each side of the rear axle.
Due to its exceptional size and weight, the 960E-1 can not be driven on public roads. The 960E-1 is shipped in component form to the customer site before undergoing final assembly.
The 960E-1 is Komatsu's largest, highest payload capacity haul truck, offering a payload capacity of up to 360 short tons (327 t). The 960E-1 is 51 ft 2 in (15.60 m) long, 30 ft 2 in (9.19 m) wide and 24 ft 2 in (7.37 m) tall. Fully loaded the 960E-1 weighs 1,270,000 pounds (580 t) and can achieve a top speed of 40 mph (64 km/h)
The 960E-1 competes directly with other 360 short tons (327 t) payload capacity haul trucks such as the Bucyrus MT5500AC. Depending on customer requirements, the 960E-1 may also place pressure on sales of 400 short tons (363 t) payload capacity haul trucks, such as the Bucyrus MT6300AC or the Caterpillar 797F.
- "Komatsu 960E-1 Product Brochure AESS647-00 EV-1" (PDF). equipmentcentral.com. Komatsu America Corp (2008-03). Archived from the original on 2010-03-02. Retrieved on 2010-03-02. “960E-1 Electric Drive Truck”
- Komatsu America Corp (2008-05-27). "960E-1 Provides High Reliability and the Right Match for Mining", http://www.webcitation.org/5nvvtsmBY. Retrieved on <time class="dtstart" datetime="2010-03-02">2010-03-02</time>. "Komatsu America Corp. is pleased to announce the introduction of the 960E-1 (960E) AC electric drive haul truck."
- Komatsu Ltd. (2008-05-28). "Komatsu to Add Largest Model Yet to Its Super-Large Haul Trucks: Introducing the 960E-1 Model", http://www.webcitation.org/5t1CRkXLW. Retrieved on <time class="dtstart" datetime="2010-09-25">2010-09-25</time>. "...the 960E was designed and developed by Komatsu America Corp. and is being produced at its Peoria Manufacturing Operation in Illinois for mines around the world."
- "Komatsu Ltd. - Company Info - Subsidiaries and Affiliates - Japan - Industrial Power Alliance, Ltd. (IPA)". komatsu.com. Komatsu Ltd (2005). Archived from the original on 2010-03-05. Retrieved on 2010-03-05. “Equity / Participation (%*) JY 500 million/50.00%”
- Komatsu 960E-1 Website Komatsu America Corp.
- Komatsu 960E-1 Product Brochure AESS647-00 EV-2 Komatsu America Corp. (Archived from the original on 2010-09-25)
- Komatsu 960E-1 Product Brochure AESS647-00 EV-1 Komatsu America Corp. (Archived from the original on 2010-03-02)
- Industrial Power Alliance, Ltd. Website - Diesel engine manufacturer
- GE's 360-Ton AC Drive System Brochure - GE Transportation Mining (Archived from the original on 2010-09-25)
- AC Motorized Wheel Drive Systems Brochure 20135-A - GE Transportation Mining (Archived from the original on 2010-09-25)
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Komatsu 960E-1. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|