International TD-25 Series 250, 1959
|No. produced||1,290 (including TD-25TC)|
|Preceded by||TD-24 Series 241|
|Superseded by||International TD-25B|
|Power hp||230 net engine, 189 drawbar|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||817 ci|
|No. of Cylinders||6|
|Bore in (mm)||5.375 in|
|Stroke in (mm)||6 in|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||turbocharged|
|Transmission type||4-speed syncromesh with 2-speed planetary power shift in each track|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||44850 lb|
|Nebraska Tests No.||752|
For torque converter drive version see: International TD-25TC Series 250
The International TD-25 Series 250 was larger and more powerful than the TD-24 Series 241 it replaced. The engine was the brand new International DT-817 turbocharged 4-valve-per-cylinder 6-cylinder diesel. The gear drive version used the same 4-speed syncromesh transmission with 2-speed tracks as the TD-24. The 230 net hp 8-speed TD-25 Series 250 was very comparable to the 235-hp Caterpillar D-8H with 6-speed manual transmission.
- 1959 - TD-25 Series 250 replaced TD-24 Series 241
- 1962 - TD-25B replaced TD-25 Series 250
Factory locations Edit
See Infobox for basic details
- Track frame: 7 rollers, 2 top idlers
- Track gauge: 80"
- Track shoe width: 24"
Variations and Options Edit
Serial Numbers Information Edit
|Year|| Serial no. run|
| Serial no. run|
|1959||501||608||108||Total calculated from serial range|
|Total built||1290||Includes TD-25TC Series 250|
No information on any individual examples of these tractors in preservation is currently available on here.
- Do you know of any examples to list ?
Add extra photos here please.
See also Edit
- International TD-24 Series 241
- International TD-25TC Series 250
- International TD-25B
- List of Tractor Manufacturers
- List of International Harvester Vehicles
- Collection related info
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Collections - list of private collections with tractors (add yours)
- Museums - includes museums featuring tractors (please add missing ones)
References / Sources Edit
- ↑ Klancher, Lee, International Harvester Photographic History, Motorbooks International, Osceola, Wisconsin, 1996
External Links Edit