International TD-25C, 1975
|Superseded by||International TD-25E|
285 net engine |
upgraded to 310 net engine
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||817 ci|
|No. of Cylinders||6|
|Bore in (mm)||5.375 in|
|Stroke in (mm)||6 in|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||turbocharged & intercooled|
|Transmission type||2-speed power shift with torque converter and 2-speed planetary power shift in each track|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||66224 lb (with dozer)|
In 1968 the new 285 hp (213 kW) net International TD-25C replaced both the gear drive 280 hp (210 kW) TD-30 and the 320-hp torque converter TD-30TC. The engine of the TD-25C was turbocharged and intercooled for both transmissions but the reduced 1900 rpm dropped the power output to 285 hp (213 kW). The standard transmission was the 4-speed syncromesh with 2-speed tracks of the TD-30. The optional transmission was a 2-speed power shift combined with a torque converter and 2-speed tracks. In 1975 the governed engine speed was increased to 2100 rpm, boosting the rated power to 310 hp (230 kW) net. The 285-hp TD-25C competed with the 268 hp (200 kW) Allis-Chalmers HD-21P, 270 hp (200 kW) Caterpillar D8H, and 300 hp (220 kW) Komatsu D-155A. The uprated 310-hp International TD-25C competed with the 300 hp (220 kW) Caterpillar D8K, 300 hp (220 kW) Fiat-Allis 21-c, and 320 hp (240 kW) Komatsu D-155A-1.
Factory locations Edit
See Infobox for basic details
- Track frame: 7 rollers, 2 top idlers
- Track gauge: 84"
- Track shoe width: 22"
Variations and Options Edit
- Optional track shoe width: 28"
Serial Numbers Information Edit
|Year|| Serial no. run|
| Serial no. run|
|1968||501||800||300||Total calculated from serial range|
|1974||5001||5128||128||New sequence started|
|Total built||3474||calculated but Not including 1973 or 1978|
No information on any individual examples of these tractors in preservation is currently available on here.
- Do you know of any examples to list ? Cody's Lab on You Tube just got one running.
Add extra photos here please.
See also Edit
- International TD-30 (gear drive version)
- International TD-30TC (torque converter version)
- International TD-25E
- List of Tractor Manufacturers
- List of International Harvester Vehicles
- Collection related info
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Collections - list of private collections with tractors (add yours)
- Museums - includes museums featuring tractors (please add missing ones)
References / Sources Edit
External Links Edit