International TD-25B-PS, 1967
|Preceded by||TD-25TC Series 250|
|Superseded by||International TD-25C|
|Power hp||230 net engine|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||817 ci|
|No. of Cylinders||6|
|Bore in (mm)||5.375 in|
|Stroke in (mm)||6 in|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||turbocharged|
|Transmission type||power shift with torque converter and 2-speed power shift in tracks|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||47000 lb|
For gear drive version see: International TD-25B
The International TD-25B-PS replaced the TD-25TC Series 250. The new model was fitted with a 2-speed power shift instead of the previous hand clutch and 2-speed constant mesh manual transmission. Combined with the 2-speed planetary power shift tracks this provided 4 power shifted speeds forward and reverse. The governed engine speed was increased to 1600 rpm, with no change in rated power. The 230 net hp 4-speed TD-25B-PS originally competed with the 225-hp 2-speed Allis-Chalmers HD-21 and the 235-hp 3-speed Caterpillar D-8H. However, in 1963 Allis-Chalmers replaced the HD-21 with the 268-hp HD-21P. In 1966 Caterpillar increased the power of the D-8H to 270 net hp and moved it out of the International's class also. Later, the 223-hp Fiat-Allis FD-20 and 220-hp Komatsu D-85E competed with the International. International kept the TD-25B-PS in production until 1973.
- 1962 - TD-25B-PS replaced TD-25TC Series 250
- 1973 - TD-25B-PS discontinued
Factory locations Edit
See Infobox for basic details
- Track frame: 7 rollers, 2 top idlers
- Track gauge: 80"
- Track shoe width: 22"
Variations and Options Edit
- Optional track shoe width: 26"
Serial Numbers Information Edit
|Year|| Serial no. run|
| Serial no. run|
|1962||1801||1939||139||Total calculated from serial range|
|Total built||2257||Not including 1973|
No information on any individual examples of these tractors in preservation is currently available on here.
- Do you know of any examples to list ?
Add extra photos here please.
See also Edit
- International TD-25TC Series 250
- International TD-25B (gear drive version)
- International TD-25C
- List of Tractor Manufacturers
- List of International Harvester Vehicles
- Collection related info
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Collections - list of private collections with tractors (add yours)
- Museums - includes museums featuring tractors (please add missing ones)
References / Sources Edit
External Links Edit