International TD-20 Series 201 1962
|Preceded by||TD-20 Series 200|
|Power hp||140 net, 113 drawbar|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||691 ci|
|No. of Cylinders||6|
|Bore in (mm)||4.75"|
|Stroke in (mm)||6.5"|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||turbocharged|
|Transmission type||sliding gear with reverse shuttle|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||29690 lb|
|Turning circle (nominal) inches/meters||18 ft|
|Nebraska Tests No.||806|
|Approximate Cost new in (year)||$45865 (1962)|
The TD-20 Series 201 replaced the Series 200. The main change was the addition of a turbocharger to the 691 ci 6-cylinder engine to slightly increase the power output, from 134 to 140 net engine hp. This brought the TD-20 up equal with the Caterpillar D-7D in power and closer to the class-leading Allis-Chalmers HD-16. However, in 1962 Caterpillar jumped ahead with the 160-hp Caterpillar D-7E. International had apparently wrung all the power possible out of the 1938-vintage D-691 engine so, in 1963, brought out the all-new TD-20B with a brand-new high-speed turbocharged diesel.
- 1961 - TD-20 Series 201 replaced TD-20 Series 200
- 1963 - TD-20B replaced TD-20 Series 201
Factory locations Edit
See Infobox for basic details
- Track frame: 6 rollers, 2 top idlers
- Track gauge: 74"
- Track shoe width: 20"
Variations and Options Edit
- Optional track shoe width: 24"
- Belt pulley
Serial Numbers Information Edit
|Year|| Serial no. run|
| Serial no. run|
No information on any individual examples of these tractors in preservation is currently available on here.
- Do you know of any examples to list ?
- There's one for sale on Craig's List for Atlanta, GA as of 8/7/11. It's in with some other items, so mark the 'search entire text' box.
Add extra photos here please.
See also Edit
- [International TD-20 Series 200]]
- International TD-20B
- List of Tractor Manufacturers
- List of International Harvester Vehicles
- Collection related info
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Collections - list of private collections with tractors (add yours)
- Museums - includes museums featuring tractors (please add missing ones)
References / Sources Edit
- ↑ Klancher, Lee, International Harvester Photographic History, Motorbooks International, Osceola, Wisconsin, 1996
External Links Edit