International TD-15B 1967
|Preceded by||TD-15 Series 151|
|Power hp||120 net|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||361 ci|
|No. of Cylinders||6|
|Bore in (mm)||4.125"|
|Stroke in (mm)||4.5"|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||turbocharged|
|Transmission type||power shift with torque converter|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||22400 lb|
|Approximate Cost new in (year)||$31470 (1972)|
The International TD-15B replaced the TD-15 Series 151. At 11 tons the new model was about the same weight as the old, but the brand new 115 net hp turbocharged 361 ci 6-cylinder diesel engine replaced the old 105-hp 554ci non-turbocharged six, the basic design of which dated back to 1940. The turbocharging and high 2,400 rpm of the new engine more than compensated for the smaller displacement. The TD-15B also used a new 4-speed power shift transmission instead of the old 6-speed gear drive. In sales/production the TD-15B was a reasonably close second to its main competitor, the 120-hp Caterpillar D-6C. The Allis-Chalmers HD-11EP was more powerful than both the International and Caterpillar at 140 net hp. In 1965 Case introduced its 1150, which was slightly smaller and less powerful than the TD-15B. The net hp of the TD-15B engine was increased to 120 in 1965 and a gear drive transmission was made available, with 5-speeds forward and 4 reverse.
The turbocharged 6-cylinder diesel engine of the TD-15B was enlarged from 361 ci to 407 ci in 1968 (as in the 1256 wheel tractor). The 120 net hp rating was unchanged. In 1970 the power rating was increased to 125 net hp (and 99 drawbar hp for the gear drive transmission).
- 1962 - 115 net hp International TD-15B replaced the 105-hp TD-15 Series 151
- 1965 - TD-15B increased to 120 hp, 5-speed gear drive made optional, with 96 drawbar hp
- 1968 - Engine size increased to 407 ci
- 1970 - Hp increased to 125 net and 99 drawbar
- 1971 - TD-15B Custom Application added with 5-speed gear drive, 135 net hp and 106 drawbar hp
- 1972 - TD-15C replaced TD-15B
Factory locations Edit
See Infobox for basic details
- Track frame: 6 rollers, 2 idlers
- Track gauge: 74"
- Track shoe width: 18"
- Electric lights and starting
Variations and Options Edit
- International TD-15B Custom Application
- Optional track shoe widths: 22"
Serial Numbers Information Edit
|Year|| 67Serial no. 21275run|
| Serial no. run|
Little information on individual examples of these tractors in preservation is currently available on here.
- Do you know of any more examples to list ?
|Make + Model No.||Reg No. |
|Serial No.||Build-Date||Engine-Type/Make||Owner |
|Photo||Were seen/Featured in||Other info|
|Please add any tractor with known reg or serial no. with Photo if possible.|
|Make & model||reg no||serial no||date built||engine||owner||
|seen at||misc info|
|Create a page (link) for an individual tractor by linking the reg or serial number using reg number or serial number in the relevant column. Then once saved click the red link to start the new page and add info on that tractor.|
Add extra photos here please.
See also Edit
- International TD-15 Series 151
- International TD-15C
- List of Tractor Manufacturers
- List of International Harvester Vehicles
- Collection related info
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Collections - list of private collections with tractors (add yours)
- Museums - includes museums featuring tractors (please add missing ones)
References / Sources Edit
External Links Edit