International TD-14A 1953
|Preceded by||International TD-14|
|Superseded by||International TD-14 Series 142|
|Power hp||72 belt, 63 drawbar|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||461 ci|
|No. of Cylinders||4|
|Bore in (mm)||4.75"|
|Stroke in (mm)||6.5"|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||NA|
|Transmission type||dual-range sliding gear|
|Clutch||Rockford single plate|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||16825 lb|
|Turning circle (nominal) inches/meters||17.5 ft|
|Factories||Melrose Park, Illinois, USA|
|Plow rating||8-10 14"|
|Nebraska Tests No.||445|
In mid-1949 the TD-14A replaced the TD-14. An increase in governed rpm from 1,350 to 1,400 (and possibly other changes) added 10 belt hp, putting the International ahead of the Allis-Chalmers HD-7 and Cletrac DD, although still behind the Caterpillar D-6. In 1951 the larger, 79 belt hp, Allis-Chalmers HD-9 replaced the HD-7. It was then replaced in 1955 by the even larger 90-hp HD-11. Caterpillar then upgraded the D-6 to the same size and power as the A-C. International had again fallen far behind its competitors. In mid-1955 International replaced the TD-14A with the TD-14 Series 142.
- 1949 - The uprated International TD-14A replaced the original International TD-14
- 1955 - TD-14 Series 142 replaced the TD-14A
- Melrose Park, Illinois, USA
See Infobox for basic details
- Track frame: 5 rollers, 2 idlers
- Track gauge: 56"
- Track shoe width: 16"
Variations and Options
- Long track version
- Optional track gauge: 74"
- Optional track shoe widths: 18", 20", or 22"
- Belt pulley
- Electric lights and starting
- Hydraulic system
Serial Numbers Information
|Year||Serial no. run
|Serial no. run
Little information on individual examples of these tractors in preservation is currently available on here.
- Do you know of any more examples to list ?
|Make + Model No.||Reg No.
|Photo||Were seen/Featured in||Other info|
|Please add any tractor with known reg or serial no. with Photo if possible.|
|Make & model||reg no||serial no||date built||engine||owner||
|seen at||misc info|
|Create a page (link) for an individual tractor by linking the reg or serial number using reg number or serial number in the relevant column. Then once saved click the red link to start the new page and add info on that tractor.|
Add extra photos here please.
- International TD-14
- International TD-14 Series 142
- List of Tractor Manufacturers
- List of International Harvester Vehicles
- Collection related info
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Collections - list of private collections with tractors (add yours)
- Museums - includes museums featuring tractors (please add missing ones)
References / Sources