International T-6 wide gauge, 1940
|Preceded by||McCormick-Deering T-20|
|Superseded by||International T-6 Series 61|
|Power hp||37 belt, 31 drawbar|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||248 ci|
|No. of Cylinders||4|
|Bore in (mm)||3.875 in|
|Stroke in (mm)||5.25 in|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||NA|
|Transmission type||sliding gear|
|Clutch||Rockford single plate|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Length (inches/metres)||104 in|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||6750 lb|
|Turning circle (nominal) inches/meters||12 ft|
|Plow rating||3-4 14"|
|Nebraska Tests No.||346|
The International T-6 was a gasoline engined crawler tractor built by the International Harvester company from 1940 to 1956 in the USA. It was the forerunner of the British built International BTD-6 version.
A number were imported from the United States under the Lend lease deal during the Second World War.
See main article for model history and serial numbers: International T-6 series
See Infobox for basic details
- Track gauge: 40"
- Track shoe width: 10" (1940); 12" (1944)
- 248 ci 4-cylinder gasoline engine
- 5-speed transmission
Variations and Options Edit
- Optional track gauge: 50"
- Optional track show width: 8", 12", 13", 14", 15", 16", 18", or 20"
- Rubber track shoes
- Orchard seat
- Orchard fenders
- Belt pulley
- Electric lights and starting
There are very few surviving examples in the UK.
- An example on display at:
- Ramsey Rural Museum, Wood Lane, Ramsey, Cambridgeshire PE26 2XD
- Example on show at the 2008 Newark Tractor & Heritage Show (photos below)
- List other known examples here
Add extra photos here please.