International 1941 K-3 pickup (old ad)
|Manufacturer||International Harvester Co.|
|Production locations||Springfield, Ohio|
|Capacity tons/GVW/GCW||1-ton, 6650 lb GVW|
|Model||Green Diamond GRD-214|
|Displacement ci / L||213 ci|
|Power HP @ rpm||82 @ 3400|
|Gearbox make (model)||International HDS|
|Gears (forward speeds)||3|
|Axles & drive|
|Rear Axle Make (Model)||International R1150 spiral-bevel|
|Tires standard/optional||7.00-16 6-ply|
|Shipping weight||3739 lb (pickup)|
|List price||$1102 (pickup-1941)|
The 1941 K-3 replaced the ¾-1 ton D-15. The K-3 carried a basic rating of 1-ton but –L and –H (light and heavy) versions could be rated as low as ½-ton or as high as 1¼-ton. The GVW was 6,650 lb for the K-3, the same as for the D-15. Production of the K-3 was 11,595 for 1941, including late-1940 built vehicles. As with the smaller International trucks, the K-3 was slightly underpowered and overpriced compared with other trucks in its class. However, the International was the 2nd best-selling 1-ton, behind Ford but well ahead of Dodge and GMC.
References / sourcesEdit
- Crismon, Frederick W. (1995). International Trucks. Motorbooks International, Osceola, Wisconsin.
- Mroz, Albert (1996). The Illustrated Encyclopedia of American Trucks and Commercial Vehicles. Krause Publications, Iola, Wisconsin.
- Hays Antique Truck Museum, Woodland, California
- Heidrick Ag History Center, Woodland, California
- American Truck Historical Society