Hispano Carrocera
Predecessor Barreiros Diesel, S.A.
Chrysler España, S.A.
Van Hool España, S.A.
Successor Tata Hispano
Founded 1939
Founder(s) D. Vicenzo Angelino Gervasio
Headquarters Zaragoza, Aragon, Spain
Products buses
Parent Tata Motors
formerly Investalia SA


MAN NG313-F; Hispano Carrocera "Habit"

Hispano Divo 01

Hispano Divo built on a Mercedes-Benz chassis at the 2008 FIAA in Madrid

Hispano Carrocera SA, based in Zaragoza, Aragon, Spain, is one of the largest manufacturers of bus and coach cabins in Europe. It is a fully owned subsidiary of India's Tata Motors. Tata Motors acquired control of the company in 2005, after purchasing a 21% stake in the company. In 2009, it acquired the remaining 79% from Investalia SA.[1] Apart from their main plant in Zaragoza, Hispano has a second one in Casablanca, Morocco; combined, they have a production capacity of 2,000 units in a year.

The company was founded in 1939 by D. Vicenzo Angelino Gervasio as Talleres Nápoles in Zaragoza, Spain. Its first bus was built in 1958. In 1966, the company became part of Barreiros Diesel, S.A., which was in turn purchased by Chrysler in 1969, forming Chrysler España, S.A. The bus and bodywork part of Chrysler España was then sold to Van Hool España, S.A. in 1971, which was later renamed to Hispano Carrocera, S.A.L. in 1983. The company manufactured Van Hool buses under license until developing the Hispano Carrocera brand in the late 1980s.[2]

Some of Hispano's bodies, such as the Habit and the Divo, have been designed by Studio Pininfarina.


  • Buses
    • Habit
    • Orbit (built in Casablanca only)
  • Coaches
    • Divo
    • Mosaic

Competitors Edit


External linksEdit

Smallwikipedialogo This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Hispano Carrocera. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.