|Headquarters||Harbin, Heilongjiang, China|
Hafei Motor Co Ltd |
Harbin Dongan Auto Engine Co
The Harbin HF Automobile Industry Group Co Ltd (
) is a Chinese holding company whose subsidiaries make automobile engines, sedans, MPVs and mini vehicles, small trucks and vans that see commercial use. Subsidiaries include the auto-making Hafei Motor Co Ltd and the engine maker Harbin Dongan Auto Engine Co (SSE: 600178), which is listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
Hafei was formerly owned by Aviation Industry Corporation of China, but prompted by Chinese State policy aimed at consolidating the domestic automobile manufacturing industry, in 2009 Chang'an Automobile Group purchased most Hafei-related assets.
- Lobo, a small city car, which was designed by Pininfarina.
- Minyi (民意)
- Saibao, which was designed by Pininfarina.
- Saima, a small city car, which includes Mitsubishi technology.
- Zhongyi, designed by Pininfarina
Hafei has production facilities in Northern China.
- Brief Introduction to HF Automobile Group Hafei Official Site (Web Archive)
- Hafei Motor Co., Ltd. businessweek.com
- Dongfeng Motor eyes Hafei and engine maker-source reuters.com, Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:27am EST
- New policy to encourage China's carmaker consolidation xinhuanet.com, 2010-02-22 10:27:20
- Hafei working on pure electric vehicle chinacartimes.com, 9 JANUARY 2009
- UPDATE 2-Changan Auto claims China's No.3 spot with AVIC deal reuters.com, Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:55am EST
- Weiwei, Wang (31 August 2007). "Domestic auto makers foray into overseas market", China Economic Net. Retrieved on 2009-08-06.
- ABOUT HAFEI (SINGAPORE) Hafei Singapore Official Site
- "Hafei Saibao EV: The First Chinese-made Car to Be Sold in the U.S.?", ChinaAutoWeb.com.
- Brian Pao (2009-06-04). "California-based Coda Automotive to sell rebadged Hafei Saibao III as electric sedan". CarKetchup. Retrieved on 2010-02-27.
- Hafei believes it can sell 270,000 motors in 08 chinacartimes.com, 9 JANUARY 2008
- ABOUT HAFEI (CHINA) Hafei Singapore Official Site
- Another China Merger? Dongfeng May Acquire Hafei insideline.com, Jan 28, 2008