|Manufacturer||Great Wall Motor Company|
|Engine(s)||1342 cc straight-4 DOHC Petrol|
|Wheelbase||2,299 mm (90.5 in)|
|Curb weight||1,015 kg (2,238 lb)|
|Designer||TJ Innova Engineering & Technology Co., Ltd.|
Design and engineeringEdit
One of the reasons for the in comparison low retail price of the Great Wall Peri is that it is based heavily on older models by other manufactures. The entry-level motor is supplied by Mitsubishi and both the interior and exterior resemble the second-generation Fiat Panda.
Environmental and safety testEdit
One of the main problems Chinese cars face are the European safety and environmental regulations that need to be met. The Great Wall Peri complies with the Euro-III emissions standard.
Fiat Panda copy controversyEdit
On July 16, 2008, a Turin court upheld Fiat's claim and banned the Peri from being imported into Europe. In addition, the court order ruled for Great Wall Motors to pay Fiat a 15,000 euro fine for the first Peri imported, and an additional 50,000 euros for every subsequent car that was imported.
However, on October 2009, Great Wall Motor sued Fiat, accusing the latter of espionage. In the lawsuit, Great Wall claims that "Fiat once instigated espionage to prowl into its research center and take photos of Peri small car that was still under development."
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Great Wall Peri. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "GWPERI Technical Parameters". gwm.com.cn. Retrieved on 2009-10-26.
- ↑ "Tj Innova Engineering & Technology Co.,Ltd". Tji.cn. Retrieved on 2010-07-04.
- ↑ ItaliaSpeed.com - 13.12.2006 FIAT IS CONSIDERING TAKING LEGAL ACTION TO STOP GREAT WALL'S PANDA CLONE BEING SOLD IN EUROPE
- ↑ Great Wall banned from importing GWPeri minicar
- ↑ Left Lane News - Fiat Successfully Sues Chinese Automaker for Panda Clone
- ↑ Auto Evolution - Fiat Faces Lawsuit from Great Wall Motor Co.