|Manufacturer||Great Wall Motor Company|
Great Wall Hover|
Great Wall Hover CUV
Great Wall Hover H3
Great Wall Hafu
Great Wall X240 (Australia)
|Class||Sports Utility Vehicle|
2.4 L Mitsubishi 4G64 engine (Petrol)|
2.8 L Great Wall Motor GW2.8TC (Diesel)
|Wheelbase||2,700 mm (106.3 in)|
|Length||4,620 mm (181.9 in)|
|Width||1,800 mm (70.9 in)|
|Height||1,710 mm (67.3 in)|
|Curb weight||1,720 kg (3,792.0 lb)|
In Australia, the Haval H3 is badged as the Great Wall X240.
Design and engineeringEdit
One of the reasons for the comparatively low retail price of the Great Wall Haval H3 is that it is based heavily on older models by other manufacturers. The entry-level engine is the 4G64 2.4 litre gasoline inline-four supplied by Mitsubishi, the exterior resembles the Isuzu Axiom and the chassis is from a Toyota 4Runner. The Haval H3 has a wheelbase of 2,700 mm (106.3 in) and a wheel track of 1,520 mm (59.8 in). The Haval H3 is a Sports Utility Vehicle, with selectable rear wheel drive or 4-wheel drive (4WD).
Engines and transmissionEdit
The gasoline-fuelled Great Wall Haval H3 uses the Mitsubishi 4G69 Sirius series straight-4 automobile engine. The 4G64 engine was introduced in 1988 in the Mitsubishi Galant and has been used by several other car manufacturers. The 4G64 engine produces 128 hp. The diesel version uses a motor built by Great Wall themselves, the GW2.8TC. Both versions have a 5-gear manual transmission. Those models had the name Hover H3 and H5. For the Chinese market Great Wall Motors also offer 2.5 and 2.8 TCI diesel engines with 107 and 114 hp. These engines both use a modern common rail system from Bosch.
Environmental and safety testEdit
One of the main problems facing exported Chinese cars was European safety and environmental regulations. The Great Wall Haval H3 complies with the Euro-III emissions standard. It was awarded three stars from C-NCAP crash testing. In the Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP) crash testing undertaken on 24 Mar 2010, the post-2009 model Haval 3 received a Four Star rating. The Great Wall Haval H3 has not yet been tested by EURO NCAP. With new engines which Great Wall Motor installed in the Haval H3, all models now comply with Euro 4 regulations. In Italy, a version of the Hover called the EcoDual is sold equipped to run on alternatives fuels, being equipped with LPG or CNG capabilities.
|Also called||Great Wall Hover π|
|Engine(s)||2.4l Mitsubishi 4G64 engine (Petrol)|
|Wheelbase||4,800 mm (189.0 in)|
|Length||6,720 mm (264.6 in)|
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Great Wall Haval H3. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|
- ↑ "Shanghai Show: Great Wall Hover H7 Concept – Carscoop". Carscoop.blogspot.com (2009-04-20). Retrieved on 2009-09-30.
- ↑ Pettendy, Marton (2009-10-15). "Great Wall X240 ready to roll". GoAuto. John Mellor. Retrieved on 2009-10-15.
- ↑ "Great Wall Motors X240 SUV Approved For Sale In Australia". The Motor Report (2009-10-21). Retrieved on 2011-01-02.
- ↑ "Hover SUV Engine and Integrated Review and Test".
- ↑ "Great Wall Motor Company Limited". www.gwm.cn. Archived from the original on March 12, 2008. Retrieved on 2008-04-03.
- ↑ "中国新车评价规程（C-NCAP）官方网站". www.c-ncap.org. Retrieved on 2008-04-03.
- ↑ "ANCAP Crash Test - Great Wall Motors X240 2009 on". NRMA website. National Roads and Motorists' Association Limited (April 2010). Retrieved on 2011-01-02.
- ↑ "Great Wall Hover π Descriere". www.gwm.com.ro. Retrieved on 2008-05-16.[dead link](Romanian)
- ↑ "Great Wall Hover•π". www.gwm.com.cn. Archived from the original on 2008-04-20. Retrieved on 2008-05-16.(English)
- ↑ "Great Wall Wingle". Indiacar.net. Retrieved on 2009-09-30.
- ↑ "Hover Pi drives Great Wall Motor to limo segment – China automotive news". Autonews.gasgoo.com (2008-08-15). Retrieved on 2009-09-30.
- Great Wall Hover Official English site
- Great Wall Hover Official Chinese site
- Russian Forum about Great Wall Hover
- Russian Owners of Great Wall Hover