An imaculate Fowler VFA on display at the Bath and Southwest Tractor show 2009
The Fowler VFA was the successor to the Fowler VF and built from 1952 to Jan 1957.
Fowler VFA historyEdit
The VFA was the successor to the Fowler VF and was built from 1952 with the serial numbers following on at 4704659 for the first one, up to about 4706000 for the last. the exact number is unknown but known serial numbers do not exceed this figure.
The first 300 were finished green, but later ones were the Orange of the Field Marshall series 3A tractor.
From 1953 sales were dropping and so development work started on a replacement. This was developed original as a replacement for the Field Marshall tractors and a prototype Track Marshall tractor was built. This was shown at the Royal Show in 1954. Officially released in 1956 based on the VFA running gear and back end but with a modern Perkins 4 cylinder in-line engine. The transmission components being beefed up to cope with the power at 48 hp. The bonnet was modeled on the MP6 tractors final design.
Variations & options Edit
Preserved machines listEdit
- details of known machines.
- Field Marshall for tractor range.
- Fowler for company history
- Marshall, Sons & Co. For parent co details
- Track Marshall for later history
- Shows and Meets for places to see examples of these and other tractors and plant
- Three Decades of Marshall Tractors, by Peter Anderson for detailed history
- Tractor preservation magazines for individual machines
- Tractor and Vintage shows for photos