Restored Fordson Super Dexta of 1964 reg no. 9867 NU
|Preceded by||Fordson Dexta|
|Factories||Dagenham and Basildon, England|
The Fordson Super Dexta was built at Dagenham, Engand from 1962 to 1964. When tractor production switched to the new Basildon, England factory and the 6x series tractors. The Super Dexta was known as the Ford 2000 Diesel in the USA, as the Fordson name was dropped in favour of the Ford brand.
The Fordson Super Dexta was an update of the successful Fordson Dexta, which was originally introduced in 1957 to complement the Fordson Major and compete with the Ferguson TE range / Massey Ferguson 35. The Super Dexta was only 32 hp (24 kW) compared to the Majors 52 hp (39 kW).
- Engine- Perkins F3.152 (Built with Ford supplied castings)
- Power - 32 hp (24 kW)
- Size - 2500 cc (152 cu in)
- Cylinders - 3
- Fuel - Diesel
- Petrol engined option available
- Gearbox - 6F 2R (derived from the 8N 4 speed unit)
- Wheel base - 71" ( ~ 1750 mm)
- Front - ?
- Rear - ?
- Price (at launch) - £ 525 for Agricultural spec.
- Optional extras - PTO for £30
Build Dates - Serial NumbersEdit
|Production dates||Prefix Code||Start No||End No.||Number Built||Notes|
|1962 (April To Dec)||09B||710530||731453||20923||replaced Dexta (Blue / Orange)|
|1963 (Jan)||09B||731454||90000||68546||? (Looks high)|
|1963 (Feb - June)||09C||900001||907331||7330||New Performance version|
|1963 (July - Dec)||09C||907332||916555||9223||Colour change (Blue / grey)|
|1964 (Jan - Sept)||09D||916556||928248||11692||production ends|
- Data from T&M V13.7 (Adjusted as Figures look transposed)
- Diff lock - 1961
- Golf course version
- Industrial (Road legal) with road lighting and Highway tyres
List all known examples with reg no / s/n, age, owner, and a photo if possible (if more details create a linked page [[Fordson Super Dexta ''REG No.'' or ''Serial Number'']] and add details to page with photos)
- Duncombe Park Steam Rally 2009 - A restored example at
- BNL 232B - A Super Dexta with cab used for ploughing matches.
|Make + Model No.||Reg No. |
|Serial No.||Build-Date||Engine-Type/Make||Owner |
|Photo||Were seen/Featured in||Other info|
|move existing entries||here||please||
|Please add any tractor with known reg or serial no. with Photo if possible.|
|Create a page (link) for an individual tractor by linking the reg or serial number using reg number or serial number in the relevant column. Then once saved click the red link to start the new page and add info on that tractor.|
- Ford and Fordson Association - owners club
- Clubs Listing - other clubs and groups
- Shows and Meets - Places to see Vintage tractors and other vehicles
- Add suitable relevant web sites here.