|Power kW||200 kW|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||903 cu inches (14.8 litres)|
|No. of Cylinders||8|
|Bore in (mm)||5.5 inches (140 mm)|
|Stroke in (mm)||4.75 inches (121 mm)|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||Yes|
|Forward||10 (20) dual split (optional)|
|Drive||2-WD or 4-WD|
|Linkage Category||Cat III|
|Lift capacity (lb/kg)||12,000 lb (5,400 kg)|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
24.5 x 32 (std)|
(Duals & Flotation tyre options)
|Rear||24.5 x 32|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||31,300 lbs (14,200 kg)|
|Wheelbase||101.6 inches (2580 mm)|
|Type of Cab||Safety|
|Factories||Fargo, North Dakota, USA|
|Nebraska Tests No.||1288|
|Notes||Stieger model built for Ford|
The Ford FW-30 was introduced in 1977 as part of FW-series of articulated models bought in from Steiger to offer a full line up and supplement the Ford TW series. This also cut sales by County of there High HP models. Only the FW-30 and FW-60 were bought into the UK, the US market also had the FW 20 and FW 40 models. The FW series was discontinued in 1982 when Steiger was taken over by Case IH and was replaced by the Versatile built models after Ford took the firm over.
- See info box for basic specs
- Choice of wheel size
- Rear Linkage or Drawbar only
- ? (new) in 1977
- £15,400 + Vat Cheffins April 2009 sale.
Plate on one tractor seen was X200218 - but description and other numbers / info was worn away.
- Located on the cab steps.
- Production data not available yet, please add if possible
Few of these massive tractors were sold in the UK, mainly to the flat lands of Essex and East Anglia, with a few in the Midlands. Very little mounted equipment was available to fit these machines as in the USA they were not fitted with linkages, as they use trailed machinery.
These relatively modern 'Classic' models are starting to be collected by owners for Showing and road run use and occasional work during the busy times of year in their farming enterprise. Also there are some smaller contractors who find a well maintained / restored example offers better value than investing in an over specified modern electronic controlled tractor as the relative simplicity allows them to service and repair them in there own workshop.
- There are probably about 6 or so examples on the UK & Irish show circuit with most of them being used for 'Work & Play'. The size makes transport an issue as dual wheels need removing for road transport.
- FW-30 - At Newby Hall Vintage Gathering
- FW-30 - At Bernard Saunders Working Day
- FW-30 - At Astwood Bank Vintage Gathering
- FW-30 (Goliath) Pickering Steam Rally with Erth Engineering Subsoiler - At
Reg No. |
|Photo||Were seen/Featured in||Other info|
|reg no.||sn unknown||19?||?||Owner ?||150px]]||at||Notes|
|Reg no.||S/n unknown||19?||?||Owner ?||150px]]||at|
|Reg no||Serial no||Build date||Engine||Owner||
|Please add any tractor with known reg or serial no. with Photo if possible.|
|Create a page (link) for an individual tractor by linking the reg or serial number using reg number or serial number in the relevant column. Then once saved click the red link to start the new page and add info on that tractor.|
- List of Tractor Manufacturers
- List of Ford Tractor Model Range
- List of Engine Manufacturers
- List of Tractor Dealers
- List of Tractor Parts Suppliers
- List of Tractor Restorers
References / sources