|Preceded by||New model|
|Engine model||Ford 270?|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||401 cu inch (6.6 ltr)|
|No. of Cylinders||6|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||NASome retrofitted|
|Transmission type||Ford Dual Power|
|Linkage Category||None or Cat III (option)|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Rear||23x30 (23.1x34 option)|
|Type of Cab||Safety|
Basildon/SEM/Local assembly, England |
|Approximate Cost new in (year)||$34,500 (AUS$) 1983|
- For Company history see
- Main article: Ford Tractors
The Ford 8401 was a parts bin special produced for the Australian market to fill a gap in Fords line up at the 110 hp size. The tractor was assembled from a ford 7700 rea end and transmision with Ford 6-cylinder engine down rated for the conditions. The front axle assembly was from a Ford TW-10 and th backend had a HD differential from County. The tractor was shipped as a skid unit and fitted with a local built 'Gason' cab. bodeywork and wheels.
Early version were drawbar only but later ones had optional Three-point Linkage available.
The detailed history of this item is unknown. - Can you help add any history for Ford 8401 ?
- Introduced ?
See Infobox for basic details
Variations and Options
Serial Numbers Information
|Year||Serial run||Number Built||Notes (Total built xyz).|
|1985||Last built No.|
|year||serial no||Number built||Notes|
No information on any of these tractors in preservation is available.
- (Do you know of any examples to list ?
|Make + Model No.||Reg No.
|Photo||Were seen/Featured in||Other info|
|Please add any tractor with known reg or serial no. with Photo if possible.|
|Create a page (link) for an individual tractor by linking the reg or serial number using reg number or serial number in the relevant column. Then once saved click the red link to start the new page and add info on that tractor.|
Add extra photos here please.
- Collection related info
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Collections - list of private collections with tractors (add yours)
- Museums - includes museums featuring tractors (please add missing ones)
References / Sources
- Please supply some relevant references or sources for information for verification of data.
- Classic Tractor Magazine, No. 102, October 2009, P39
- Add Source of serial number data
- Add any suitable (& Relevant) web links here