|Preceded by||Farmall BMD|
|Superseded by||Farmall B450|
|Engine make||International Harvester|
|Engine model||IH BD 264|
|Power hp||? hp bhp, ? hp (drawbar), ? hp (belt)|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||264 cu in (4.3 litre)|
|No. of Cylinders||4|
|Bore in (mm)||4 inches (102 mm)|
|Stroke in (mm)||5.25 inches (113 mm)|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||NA|
|Clutch||12 in Dry-plate|
|Linkage Category||Cat I|
|Length (inches/metres)||? inches|
|Width (inches/meters)||variable inches|
|Height (inches/meters)||? inches|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||? lb|
|Factories||Doncaster, Yorkshire, England|
|Approximate Cost new in (year)||£ ? 1953 (launch)|
The Farmall Super BMD was built by IH GB from 1954 to 1958 at the Doncaster, England plant and sold nearly 8000 in 7 years. The identical petrol version was the Farmall Super BM (under 2000 were built).
- For Company history see
- Main article: International Harvester
- Introduced 1954
- Discontinued in 1959
- Built at the IHGB Doncaster factory, as the successor to the UK built Farmall BMD model with a British built engine.
See Infobox for basic details
Variations and Options
Serial Numbers Information
The Serial number plate is mounted on the Bellhousing on the near side (Injector pump side)
|Year||Serial run||Number Built||Notes (Total built 7804).|
|1959||-||298||Last built sn No.?|
A few examples have been restored to a very high standard and others are retained in as found condition.
- (Do you know of any examples to list) ?
- REDIRECT Template:PML MCCormick Super BWD-6
Add your photos here.
- Collection related info
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Collections - list of private collections with tractors (add yours)
- Museums - includes museums featuring tractors (please add missing ones)
References / Sources