Compact pickup truck|
2-door pickup truck|
170 in³ Slant-6 I6|
225 in³ Slant-6 I6
273 in³ LA V8
318 in³ LA V8
The A100 (or Forward Control) line was a family of American compact vans and trucks produced by Chrysler Corporation for the Dodge and Fargo brands from 1964–1970, competing with the Ford Econoline and Chevy Van, all inspired by the Volkswagen Type 2. It included a pickup truck and van, both with a "cab forward" design unusual in passenger vehicles. The nose was flat, with the engine placed between the driver and passenger, who sat above the front axle. These unibody vehicles used a short, 90 in (2,300 mm) wheelbase. An A108 was also available from 1967–1970, with a longer 108 in (2,700 mm) wheelbase. The A108 was very popular with camper conversion companies.
A substantially modified, Hemi-powered A100 wheelstanding exhibition pickup called the "Little Red Wagon" driven by Bill "Maverick" Golden was a popular drag strip attraction in the 1960s through the early 2000s.
- 1964-1966 171 in³ (2.8 L) Slant-6, 101 hp (75 kW)
- 1970 198 in³ (3.2 L) Slant-6, 125 hp (93 kW)
- 1964-1970 225 in³ (3.7 L) Slant-6, 145 hp (108 kW)
- 1965-1966 273 in³ (4.5 L) LA V8
- 1967-1970 318 in³ (5.2 L) LA V8, 210 hp (160 kW)
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Dodge A100. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|
- "Dodge A-trucks". allpar. Retrieved on 2010-09-29.
- "Little Red Wagon". allpar. Retrieved on 2010-09-29.
- By -L- No real name given. "Flickr Photo of a Dodge L-Series fire engine owned by the Bytown Fire Brigade". Flickr.com. Retrieved on 2010-09-29.
- "Dodge L-Series". Old Dodges.com. Retrieved on 2010-09-29.
|Dodge / Ram truck timeline, North American market, 1970s–present|
|Compact pickup||D-50||Ram 50||Ram 50|
|Full-size pickup||D Series||D Series||Ram||Ram||Ram||Ram|
|Van||A100||Tradesman||Ram Van/Ram Wagon||Ram Van/Ram Wagon|